Skype FREE Contact Requests Take Several Days to Complete After Accepting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All. I have already completed online provisioning with microsoft for my domain and have received an email over a week ago that it was complete. I have added several Skype accounts to my S4B contact list. I noticed that the first few took about 24 hours to go through. Now that they have completely gone through, everything for those accounts works perfectly (IM/real time presence, audio/video calls). But it's just the fact that they took 24 hours. Additionally, I had another account that took about 3 days AFTER that account accepted the request for it to be fully added and available on my S4B contacts list. (to clarify, the contact request from my S4B account shows up on the Skype free account instantly, but after Skype free accepts it just sort of sits there for a varied amount of time)

I have done some reading around and it seems like a lot of people have experienced this issue but I haven't seen any definite resolution. Is this something on Skype free's end or is this supposed to be working instantly? I am presenting this to my management soon and need to know if there is something else I need to fix or if this feature is just a bit buggy at the moment. Thanks all!

Monday, August 1, 2016 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi

Yeah, the process is a bit buggy to be honest. As long as you have deployed your end properly you have done all you can do. I have seen requests like this too.

If you want more official answers then I recommend that you contact Microsoft Support and/or Skype consumer support to try and find a more solid answer as these forums aren't really going to provide you with an answer that carries weight with your management team.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Marked as answer by Brolide Monday, August 1, 2016 4:07 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi

Yeah, the process is a bit buggy to be honest. As long as you have deployed your end properly you have done all you can do. I have seen requests like this too.

If you want more official answers then I recommend that you contact Microsoft Support and/or Skype consumer support to try and find a more solid answer as these forums aren't really going to provide you with an answer that carries weight with your management team.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Marked as answer by Brolide Monday, August 1, 2016 4:07 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2016 4:03 PM
  • Hey Mark:

This was actually all I needed believe it or not. Thank you!

Monday, August 1, 2016 4:07 PM