none
Project 2013 professional very bugs RRS feed

• Question

• Text of tasks (right and left) sometimesappear, sometimes not

nonworking time (eg vacation) sometimes appears, sometimes not

in the view Resource usage, seeing by months, the work that should be in March, is shown in February.

many bugs of visualization ... has someone solution please?

Friday, March 8, 2013 12:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for sending the file. I'm sorry to say that your Gantt Chart view is corrupted and the source of errors 1 and 2. Copy the Gantt Chart from the Global.mpt then re-customize it (sorry there is no shorter way, I tried every trick in the book)

As for error 3, it doesn't exist. There is  no work planned in February, the first task with work starts in March.

Greetings,

Friday, March 8, 2013 4:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Let's take these one by one, since I've never seen any of these:

1. Right and left of what? Of the Gantt Bars? Which text? Task Name? That is not standard, if you made it appear left, did you do so for all types of tasks? Critical, milestone..

2.Nonworking time only appears when in Timescale, Nonworking time, you select the calendar that has these nonworking times.

3. Not for me. What's planned in Feb shows in Feb.

If your file does not behave like this do not hesitate to send it to jandemesATprom-ade.be (replace AT by @), I'll see and if possible explain.

Greetings,

Friday, March 8, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for sending the file. I'm sorry to say that your Gantt Chart view is corrupted and the source of errors 1 and 2. Copy the Gantt Chart from the Global.mpt then re-customize it (sorry there is no shorter way, I tried every trick in the book)

As for error 3, it doesn't exist. There is  no work planned in February, the first task with work starts in March.

Greetings,

Friday, March 8, 2013 4:37 PM
  • Jan,

Thanks for closing the loop on this thread for the benefit of others, me included.

John

Friday, March 8, 2013 4:58 PM
  • Thank you for the reply.

I'll do what you indicated.
    error 3 - hours appear in February and i really don't have work scheduled for that month, it should appear only in March, so there seems to bea mistake. However i hope it will run with your soluction.

Thank you very much

Friday, March 8, 2013 5:31 PM
  • How can you verify that the Gnatt View is corrupted.  We have a 900+ line schedule that has experienced quirky issues with constraints being added to copied/pasted tasks and other tasks above; missing predecessors (one will be missing within a group of subtasks that have correct predecessors); missing successors; and copying/pasting resource groups, whereby we get the message whether to increase duration or decrease amount of work keeping duration and Keep source formatting message; however subsequent pastes of same group over like resource fields (method to quickly add the one resource to several like resource groups) displays only format message and not increase duration message.  Using Project 2013 15.0.4420.1017.

Wondering if I can tell corruption or download a tool to do this.

Thanks

• Edited by Projguy2013 Thursday, December 12, 2013 7:48 PM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:07 PM
  • I'm not sure I would describe some of what you report as bugs.  The increase duration question occurs when you change one of the variables - and it sounds like you are changing assignment units.  Does the issue occur with all Project files or just selected?
    Monday, December 16, 2013 6:27 PM
  • Hello Julie,  One looming question I do need to get an answer for my organization on is when will Microsoft fix the copy paste issue?  Last update I have read in this site was Nov. 30th with no date available or estimate.  Due to the variables involved I am reluctant to chase issues related to copy pasting of specific cells even though one of our PM's used these techniques to accomplish a schedule build in project 2007 without issue.  My only concern is how involved the copy paste issues go and if these need to be reported as well.  So is there someway we can get a date on the release of this fix?  Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:14 PM
  • I'm sorry I have no idea.  It has been publicly announced that Microsoft will release a service pack for Office 2013 in 2014.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-office-2013-service-pack-1-to-arrive-in-early-2014-7000023505/

Whether a fix for your issues are included, I don't know.  If you need the issues reviewed by Microsoft personnel, the best I can suggest is to open a support incident with them.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:44 PM