none
Power Query fails to install on Microsoft Office Professional 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to install Power Query, I get the following prompt: "This product requires an edition of Microsoft Office or Microsoft Excel that is currently not installed on your computer. Please review the system requirements at {URL}". The system requirements are Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus, Office 365 ProPlus or Excel 2013 Standalone. I see that Microsoft Office Professional 2013 is not on the list. I am not sure I understand why Power Query cannot be installed with Microsoft Office Professional 2013 when it can with Excel 2013 standalone. It this correct? And what do I do then? Is there a version of Power Query for Microsoft Office Professional 2013?
    Sunday, April 12, 2015 12:56 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately this is correct. You cannot use Power Query in the Professional version, but can use it in Excel Standalone and Office Professional Plus. You will need to acquire a license to these versions and install Office or Excel Standalone on a different machine, or uninstall your current Professional version before you install it.
    Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:11 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately this is correct. You cannot use Power Query in the Professional version, but can use it in Excel Standalone and Office Professional Plus. You will need to acquire a license to these versions and install Office or Excel Standalone on a different machine, or uninstall your current Professional version before you install it.
    Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:11 PM
  • Thank you for your answer. I am utterly surprised though that one cannot install Power Query with Microsoft Office Professional 2013.
    Monday, April 13, 2015 6:12 AM