none
How to Customize tile in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i need to customize my tile windows as per my requirement. If i install any app that should come into tile by default. Is that possible ? If yes, let me know the process. 

Explore-Startlayout and Import-Startlayout is working only by default application which we have tagged initially. I want to pin automatically my future application. How it is possible ? Is there any powershell script to pin the Application in tile for Win 10 Ent Edition ?

Regards, Hari Prasad.D

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Hari,

How did you run those commands? Based on I and my team test result, importing relates .xml or .bin file also didn't work.

Our detailed command is below:

However, use the group policy is working fine either the app that coming with the Windows 10 or app installed by yourself.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 6:32 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Both .xml and GPO working. But if you applied GPO user can't pin any other App as per their requirement apart from that XML.

.xml is working fine for me. How you Export and Import the xml ? You have installed a Normal OS or Captured OS?

Export-Startlayout -path c:\test\test.xml

Import-Startlayout -layoutpath c:\test\test.xml -mountpath c:\

Regards, Hari Prasad.D

Thursday, August 20, 2015 3:48 AM
  • Hi Hari,

My lab machine is normal Operating System instead of captured Operating System.

And the ]I run the above commands to export, successfully; import, nothing happened.

The only for me working is using the GPO.

About this issue, I have already submitted. If any update, I would let you know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 28, 2015 8:58 AM