Error LS Protocol Stack with Edge RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I don't find the same problem on the forum so I ask here. I have the following error on one of my sba (not all):

Level Error
    Date and Time 09/16/13 11:15:23
    Source LS Protocol Stack
    Event ID 14502
    Description A significant number of connection failures have occurred with remote server EDGE .There have been 524 failures in the last 180 minutes. There have been a total of 99303 failures. The specific failure typ

I don't understand why I have this error on just one sba and not others.

Do you have some ideas on it?

Thanks

Monday, September 16, 2013 9:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

for SBA, Edge server on the primary site is still the AV call flow route for remote users. So are there channels of comm's / port open between SBA subnet & Edge internal DMZ subnet / IP address ?

Murali Krishnan| My blogs: UnifiedMe | Twitter: @Mkris9

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:33 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 12:31 PM
  • Hi,

Here is a blog about the firewall ports required between the datacenter and branch office.

http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/2011/04/26/deploying-a-lync-sba-watch-out-for-port-444/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

SBA (ASM side) <-> Edge Server(s):

TCP/5061

TCP/5062

Branch clients <-> Edge servers (running media relay)

UDP/3478

UDP/ <media port range>

TCP/443

TCP/<media port range>

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

for SBA, Edge server on the primary site is still the AV call flow route for remote users. So are there channels of comm's / port open between SBA subnet & Edge internal DMZ subnet / IP address ?

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:33 AM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 12:31 PM
  • Hi,

Here is a blog about the firewall ports required between the datacenter and branch office.

http://blog.ucmadeeasy.com/2011/04/26/deploying-a-lync-sba-watch-out-for-port-444/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

SBA (ASM side) <-> Edge Server(s):

TCP/5061

TCP/5062

Branch clients <-> Edge servers (running media relay)

UDP/3478

UDP/ <media port range>

TCP/443

TCP/<media port range>

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:45 AM
  • Hi Marc,

Any update on this ?

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for the delay, you're alright, we have some sba where we didn't open ports in the firewall. This error has dissapeared now.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 2:13 PM