none
All imported drivers missing from toolkit? RRS feed

  • Question

  • I honestly have no idea what happened. All the drivers are gone in the toolkit, however looking at the DeploymentShare there are 20+gb's of driver files.

    I have restarted the server many times, closed and reopened the share, completely re-add the drivers to a couple computer folders. Yet it still doesn't work... I even am checking for updated from microsoft, if it will even help..

    I am running blind trying to fix this, as this is our only deployment server.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    (screenshots coming after my account is verified)

    Wednesday, September 14, 2016 11:46 PM

All replies

  • Hello Doogalbeez,

    Take a look at the following files which control what shows up in the Deployment Workbench for out of box drivers:

    DeploymentShareFolder/Control/Drivers.xml

    DeploymentShareFolder/Control/DriverGroups.xml

    They may be corrupted. You can try to restore these files from a backup if you have one to see if it helps. 

    It sounds like the drivergroups (the computer folders) are fine, but no drivers are showing up in them? You can also try renaming the Drivers.xml file temporarily to see if then you can import new drivers into those folders and have them stick.

    Do you get any errors when importing drivers?

    ~DLofstedt

    Thursday, September 15, 2016 12:05 AM
  • It looks like the drivers.xml is corrupted, only showing this:

      <drivers />

    We have backups, so I have to check with another tech on restoring these files. The drivergroups is full of info as suspected.

    I will try to rename them, and import another drivers pack.

    I never got any errors when importing, only that it took a very long time for one pack. And when updating it gave an error, which I thought it was the "deploymentshare is read only" which I do get a lot, and deleting the audit.log file resolves that particular issue.

    I will report back when I have updates.

    Thanks a lot!

    Thursday, September 15, 2016 12:16 AM
  • Deleted the Drivers.xml file and relaunched the toolkit. This opened back up and allowed me to re-add the drivers to my device folders.

    Restarted MDT and the drivers stuck this time. Now the painful re-adding of the drivers to mdt.

    Thanks for the help!

    • Proposed as answer by tonibert Monday, September 26, 2016 6:40 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:36 AM