none
Exchange 2003 offline Defrag Error -1032 Jet_errFileAccessDenied RRS feed

• Question

• Attempting to do an offline defrag of my Exchange 2003 store.   it's reaching it's limit and I need to reduce the size.   The information store is on a slave drive F:  I was running eseutil from the C: drive and getting same error but i have since moved the eseutil files to the F: drive as well.   I have checked all the permissions and security rights and I am running as a domain admin.   I also attempted to copy the store to a usb drive and run the eseutil.exe from another machine with no luck.   I ran the suggested patch microsoft released as well.   And yes the store was dismounted.  I also stopped all the exchange services after dismounting the store and tried with similar results.

Below is a link to an image of my error message

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e76/stateofmindband/ExchangeDefragError.png

Monday, December 10, 2012 2:58 PM

Answers

• have checked if the EDB/STM files are locked by any other software using Process explorer.

If noting works you can give it a try to copy the EDB/STM files using eseutil /y. command format is below:

eseutil /y "Originalfilepath\filename.edb" /d "copypath\copyfilename.edb"

eseutil /y "Originalfilepath\filename.stm" /d "copypath\copyfilename.stm"

once these files are copied you may try to run eseutil /d. make sure to have 110% of freespace on the drive where you have the Eseutil.exe located coz, eseutil /d will create a temp edb file in the location where you have eseutil file. in case if you dont have sufficient space you can use /t siwtch to force create a temp edb defrag file on a different drive.

M.P.K ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:39 AM

All replies

• have checked if the EDB/STM files are locked by any other software using Process explorer.

If noting works you can give it a try to copy the EDB/STM files using eseutil /y. command format is below:

eseutil /y "Originalfilepath\filename.edb" /d "copypath\copyfilename.edb"

eseutil /y "Originalfilepath\filename.stm" /d "copypath\copyfilename.stm"

once these files are copied you may try to run eseutil /d. make sure to have 110% of freespace on the drive where you have the Eseutil.exe located coz, eseutil /d will create a temp edb file in the location where you have eseutil file. in case if you dont have sufficient space you can use /t siwtch to force create a temp edb defrag file on a different drive.

M.P.K ~ ( Exchange | 2003/2007/2010/E15(2013)) ~~ Please remember to click “Vote As Helpful" if it really helps and "Mark as Answer” if it answers your question, “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. ~~ This Information is provided is "AS IS" and confers NO Rights!!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:39 AM
  • Hello,

Please verify if you mount database.

Please verify if there is any Anti-Virus software. Maybe AV locked these files.

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:01 AM