SMTP Relay RRS feed

Answers

• Solution:

using mail.global.frontbridge.com it worked, the problem was frontbridge had us on a blacklist for some reason, we went to our microsoft online console and added our IP as safe sender to our domain and after 24h about it worked.

Thanks again for looking
    Benjamin Niaulin
    Friday, September 18, 2009 5:50 PM
  • On the Moss server specify the Exchange 2007 server IP for sending notifications, and some changes to be done on exchange 2007 to allow mails from MOSS2007 server

Do the changes as described in the below article

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/28/432013.aspx
    Friday, September 18, 2009 12:28 PM
  • I would recommend creating another post to get further visibility.  Please also post exactly what you are attempting to do for mail alerts such as how it is configured and whether this is part of a workflow.

Also, if this is with SharePoint, please post in the corresponding forum (SharePoint Online) instead of Exchange Online so you reach a better audience with your request.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:59 PM

All replies

• On the Moss server specify the Exchange 2007 server IP for sending notifications, and some changes to be done on exchange 2007 to allow mails from MOSS2007 server

Do the changes as described in the below article

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/12/28/432013.aspx
    Friday, September 18, 2009 12:28 PM
  • i appreciate your help but this is MSOnline forum, i have no exchange 2007 i can configure, it's hosted by microsoft and all we get is a console to create mailboxes, basically the user recipient section of the exchange 2007 console (which i am very familiar with as MCITP Exchange 2007).

But right now my mail is hosted by microsoft and the 2 smtp relay service they provided doesn't seem to work, i tried mail.global.frontbridge.com (or something similar if i wrote it wrong) and the link above in my previous post on the MSOnline blog.

All i can configure in MOSS is a simple smtp outgoing (relay) server, can't specify a port or ssl whatsoever, i need to make this work.

Again thanks for your post i appreciate your help :)
    Benjamin Niaulin
    Friday, September 18, 2009 12:50 PM
  • Solution:

using mail.global.frontbridge.com it worked, the problem was frontbridge had us on a blacklist for some reason, we went to our microsoft online console and added our IP as safe sender to our domain and after 24h about it worked.

Thanks again for looking
    Benjamin Niaulin
    Friday, September 18, 2009 5:50 PM
  • Your question and self answer is awesome.... please put across the correct issue so that people will answer your queries and will be helpful to everyone who looks at... 

Friday, September 18, 2009 7:40 PM
  • do i smell sarcasm? the correct issue was stated.

clearly said "hosted on exchange online" and that smtp relay did not work from local moss with the 2 adresses provided by microsoft online services.
    Had no way of knowing where was the problem as their was no NDR's.

I also took the time to come back and clearly explain the solution and how to fix it, which could be the solution to someone else's problem who doesn't know why it;'s not working for them. Now they know to add their IP as safe sender as stated above.

im guessing your upset over these forums point system? you want a mark as answer? ill give it to you gladly for helping, no need to get upset.
    Benjamin Niaulin
    Friday, September 18, 2009 8:23 PM
  • I understood your query in a wrong way.... that could be the fix .

Good Luck
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 7:45 AM
  • Benjamin,

I'm curious, did you have to create an MS online user name and account for the MOSS server to send outgoing notifications, or was you just able to point it to he mail.global.frontbridge.com domain with the server IP address marked as safe.  I'm in the phase of considering using the MS online SMTP services also and concerned about having to create multiple accounts for SMTP outbound notifications from none hosted Exchange systems (Fax servers, Printers, Scanners etc) and the headache of managing their passwords having to be changed every 90 days.

Thanks,
    Richard.
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:48 PM
  • Hi Richard,

I did not have to create any accounts in MSOnline.

The only interaction you need in you MSOnline console is to add your IP as safe Sender to make sure it is not blocked (it's really an optional step).
    Just have to use the url mail.global.frontbridge.com in the moss server and it works.

As additional information i can tell you that i have successfully configured our photocopy/scan machines in both office remote locations to use the scan to email function by just adding that same FQDN in the machine's configuration console. No accounts were created in MSOnline.

Hope this helps, don't hesitate to poste again for further questions.

Ben

Benjamin Niaulin
    Friday, October 2, 2009 12:53 AM
  • Ben,

Thanks for you quick and helpful response.

Richard.
    Friday, October 2, 2009 8:28 PM
  • Ben,

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Recently my in house exchange server is migrated to Microsoft Online services. Now I am not able to receive mail alerts from moss sites. Kindly help me to setting up moss server to use external SMTP server (MsOnline SMTP server)

Do I need to setup local SMTP server on MOSS frontend server?

Regards,

Sandeep Lad

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:07 AM
  • I would recommend creating another post to get further visibility.  Please also post exactly what you are attempting to do for mail alerts such as how it is configured and whether this is part of a workflow.

Also, if this is with SharePoint, please post in the corresponding forum (SharePoint Online) instead of Exchange Online so you reach a better audience with your request.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:59 PM