none
Range of recurrence on Exception in Ms project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,    

By using the range of recurrence shall we able to enter time that is on start 27/11/2014 8:00 AM and in Finish 27/11/2014 12:00PM

The reason is i want to make a exception like this, On 27/11/2014 of every month morning session review meeting (8:00AM to 12:00pm) and i gonna to work on afternoon at the time (1:00PM to 5:00pm)

With regards!!!

Shiv

Thursday, November 27, 2014 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If I understand well, you want to create a recurring monthly exception on all 27th morning of the day?

Go to "change working time", create an exception on the 27th and click on details:

Then set the working time in the morning, the recurring settings as monthly, for every 27th of the month (you can also set every last thursday of the month) and the number of ocurrencies.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, November 27, 2014 12:00 PM
  • Shiv PMC,

It sounds more like you want to create a recurring task that occurs on the 27th of each month with a duration of 4 hours. To do that, go to Task/Insert. Then click on the little arrow below the Insert icon and click on "recurring task". In the Recurring Task window give the meeting a name and set the duration as 4h. Set the recurrence pattern to monthly and the range with a start date of 27/11/14. Set the "end after" option and select how every many months you want the meetings to continue.

You would then assign yourself and all other resources who will participate in the meetings to the meeting tasks. You then assign yourself to other tasks. If an overallocation occurs due to a conflict with your attendance at the monthly meeting and another task, you can manually edit your work on the other task or use leveling to resolve the overallocation.

If you set up a calendar exception for the meetings for yourself, you will not be able to assign yourself to participate in the meeting without incurring an overallocation which you will not be able to effectively resolve.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, November 27, 2014 4:02 PM