none
Upgrade to skype for business server RRS feed

• Question

• Good day. During the update server Lync Server 2013 Standart to skype for business server, a problem at the stage of "Removing the local management services," namely, fails ocscore.msi. This step removes the main components and all updates, I have an error, removal does not occur. I decided to remove all the updates hands, half is removed successfully, but to upgrade kb2835432 (5.0.8308.420) error "installed product does not match the installation source." In other words, I do something with the file ocscore.msi this particular version.

I can not find online archive with the updated version 5.0.8308.420, all references are to the latest updates. The window with the error and asks to specify the correct file if it specify the file from the last update, or from the disk with the distribution server, it does not work, it is still a error.

Perhaps there is still some way to remove this update? Or someone can suggest a link to the archive with the old upgrade?

Sunday, May 3, 2015 9:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To resolve this problem immediately, I suggest contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the MSI file. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

In addition, you can review the full message at the bottom of the page to help you troubleshoot the issue. Click View logs to get more detail.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 4, 2015 9:34 AM

• Version 5.0.8308.420 should match the Lync Server 2013 (July 2013) cumulative update. Do you have a backup copy of this?

Note that the latest cumulative update on Lync Server 2013 is recommended prior to upgrading / migrating to Skype for Business 2015.

Thanks / rgds,

TechNet/MSDN Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com

Monday, May 4, 2015 9:53 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.
    No backup copy of a statute of limitations, we unfortunately do not.
    Monday, May 4, 2015 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

To resolve this problem immediately, I suggest contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the MSI file. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

In addition, you can review the full message at the bottom of the page to help you troubleshoot the issue. Click View logs to get more detail.

Best regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Unfortunately Partner subscription is over, I can not create a support request, only on pay conditions. There may be other options that would be able to help me?
    Monday, May 4, 2015 10:07 AM
  • Did you see this?

http://blog.codesalot.com/2015/05/04/error-code-1603-skype-for-business-upgrade/

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Monday, May 4, 2015 2:12 PM
  • Do you still have Lync server 2013 CD or ISO file?

This file is usually in the installation CD/ISO under \Setup\amd64\Setup\

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Monday, May 4, 2015 4:38 PM
  • Do you still have Lync server 2013 CD or ISO file?

This file is usually in the installation CD/ISO under \Setup\amd64\Setup\

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

Yes, the original iso image I have, but, as I wrote in the first message, I already tried to use ocscore.msi, which was on the way \Setup\amd64\Setup\, but there version is the earliest and it is also not suitable

Monday, May 4, 2015 8:44 PM
  • Did you see this?

http://blog.codesalot.com/2015/05/04/error-code-1603-skype-for-business-upgrade/

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Thanks for the link. I learned it in the coming holidays, since at the moment, I returned Lync Server 2013 environment. Later, I try again to upgrade to Skype For Business

Maybe this is the reference solution, because when I get Lync Server 2013 Edge role back to the working environment, the command Enable-CsComputer and follow Start-CsWindowsService worked with the error is in the replication service. Command Enable-CsComputer service did not return in the state startup

Monday, May 4, 2015 8:55 PM
  • Hi Aleksey Khalatin,

Try this, it may be helpful.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/e5b5add6-a3ab-4f3a-87ba-44143634212f/solution-for-code-1618-skype4b-upgrade-error-bug-report?forum=lyncdeploy

Best regards,

Eric

Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:00 PM
  • I am also having hard time with inplace upgrade of Lync 2013 to S4B 2015.  Same error as Aleksey reported. Cannot proceed with the upgrade.  Hope there will be a solution to continue with the upgrade.

The MSI OcsCore.msi returned error code 1603, log file location: C:\Users\LYNCADMIN\AppData\Local\Temp\OcsCore.msi-[2015_05_14][19_15_33].log

Here is the log file

http://www.filedropper.com/ocscoremsi-20150514210402

Thanks

Ram

With the help of Revo Uninstaller was able to remove Lync Core Components and was able to skip uninstalling local management services.  Now faced with another error - see screen shot - I cannot figure out a solution to fix in place upgrade.

• Edited by LANHD Friday, May 15, 2015 4:59 AM new screen shot
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 11:19 PM
  • Hi Ram,

Just want to check, what was the command you ran to stop the services?

Disable-CsComputer -Scorch

or

Stop-CsWindowsService

(before running the Upgrade Setup)

I just did a test lab upgrade and everything went smoothly. Installer version - 6.0.9319.0

Cheers,
    Chris.

Saturday, May 16, 2015 6:10 PM
  • The command, I used was Disable-CsComputer -Scorch.

What is your setup?  My setup home lab is Lync 2013 on Server 2012 R2 + Backend SQL Server 2012.  The only mistake, I did before the upgrade was, I did not update SQL Express 2012 that gets installed during Lync 2013 install.  Not sure whether that was causing failure uninstalling local management services.  Anyway my upgrade did not go well and still looking for answer.

Sunday, May 17, 2015 12:05 PM
  • Hi Ram,

I have a Lync 2013 Standard on Server 2012, updated with CU5. However the installation said I need to get my SQL updated to SP1 or latest. So downloaded the SQL 2012 SP2 Express update and installed.

Any possibility of doing an SQL update?

Cheers,
    Chris.

Sunday, May 17, 2015 1:03 PM
  • Uninstall/Remove every Lync 2013 Components, directly from Control Panel.

(you should find within it, the Core, XPP, Web Components and the Rich fonts - AFAIK)

Next Restart the SfB Setup normally, it should continue.

ChichioIT

Monday, September 21, 2015 1:31 PM