none
Disabling Sound Redirection During Remote Desktop Session RRS feed

• Question

• The project is to set up a PC to act as the audio source for a home audio system.  The goal is to use the Windows Remote Desktop mobile application to access the PC in order to change volume, steaming channel, Media Player playback, etc.  When the Remote Desktop connection is established, the audio output either stops (iOS device) or is redirected to the mobile device (Android).  Can Remote Desktop be configured to only allow for keyboard/mouse control, but maintain the remote computer's control of audio and/or USB ports?

Thank you.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi glennt22,

According to your description, if you may not want to hear the sound from the remote computer, in which case you can use the RDP options to disable audio playback for RDP connections. Please refer to the link below about how to disable the Microsoft RDP Audio Driver.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/disable-microsoft-rdp-audio-driver-49267.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 23, 2016 9:58 AM
  • Hi glennt22,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? Because the case may be closed few days later.
    If you feel the suggestion could be helpful to you, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please feel free to post back and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best regards,
    Carl Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Thank you for the reply, sorry for the delayed response, I have been on the road.  I probably did not describe the task well enough, I will re-phrase.

I do want the sound to play from the remote computer, and only the remote computer.  Because I am using the remote client on a mobile device, the RDP options are not available, or if they are, I do not see how to access them.

Saturday, October 1, 2016 12:29 AM