windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• is my version genuion and updated and regerstid
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 12:56 AM

Answers

• >>is my version genuion and updated and regerstid

Not sure how you installed Windows 10.

Assuming that you’ve upgraded from genuine Windows 7 or 8 versions. As soon as you upgrade your system, Microsoft automatically activates your Windows 10 copy in the background.

If you still would like to verify the activation status, here are a few methods:

1. Check through System window: One of the easiest ways to check the Windows 10 activation status is to look at the System applet window. Press "Win + X” and select the “System” option, there you will find the wording “Windows is activated” under the Windows Activation section if your system is activated.

2. Verify it on Settings: Go to Start button->Settings->Update & Security -> Activation

3. Check the activation status by running "slmgr /xpr" from a Command Prompt window

Regarding checking whether it is up to date, just run "Windows Update" to verify it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:35 AM

All replies

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:04 AM
  • is my version genuion and updated and regerstid

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:07 AM
  • We've no idea. I'd try over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10?tab=Threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 1:10 AM
  • >>is my version genuion and updated and regerstid

Not sure how you installed Windows 10.

Assuming that you’ve upgraded from genuine Windows 7 or 8 versions. As soon as you upgrade your system, Microsoft automatically activates your Windows 10 copy in the background.

If you still would like to verify the activation status, here are a few methods:

1. Check through System window: One of the easiest ways to check the Windows 10 activation status is to look at the System applet window. Press "Win + X” and select the “System” option, there you will find the wording “Windows is activated” under the Windows Activation section if your system is activated.

2. Verify it on Settings: Go to Start button->Settings->Update & Security -> Activation

3. Check the activation status by running "slmgr /xpr" from a Command Prompt window

Regarding checking whether it is up to date, just run "Windows Update" to verify it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:35 AM