none
AutoRuns - Spotify RRS feed

• Question

• Spotify is automatically starting at logon on my Windows 10 computer.

Normally, I use AutoRuns to remove unwanted startup programs, but Spotify appears to have found a way to startup that Autoruns doesn't currently report on.

It does show in task manager's startup list.

I've also tried CCleaner, which also does not list it.

There appears to be a startup location that AutoRuns is not currently aware of.

AutoRuns version is 13.91, and spotify was installed as a download (I don't use the windows store)

Can we have this location added to Autoruns for any apps that use this location in the future?

Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:05 AM

All replies

• Thank you for reporting this. I have added this to the Autoruns backlog and will revert back once it has been resolved.

MarkC(MSFT)

Thursday, October 18, 2018 4:02 PM
  • MarkC, within Huntress we see Spotify persisting from user hive run keys named "Spotify" or "Spotify Web Helper". Are you tracking an Autoruns regression? I haven't been able to re-produce laink1's issue within Autoruns v13.91.

laink1: I'd love to help run this issue down. Can you confirm the "Hide VirusTotal Clean Entries" filter isn't set under the Options menu? Also, can you confirm that the correct user profile is selected under the User menu (only present when Autoruns is launched with Administrator/high integrity privileges). Lastly, I'm curious if multiple users simultaneously login to this host? With this info, I should be able to rule out some possible issues and help confirm a bug here.

Kyle

Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:32 PM
  • Weirdly enough I was looking at this today too.  Autoruns also reports that this is launched from the Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Spotify registry key. Will wait to see how the OP responds.

MarkC (MSFT)

Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:20 PM