Visioneer 7100 onetouch scanner RRS feed

• Question

• I'm on windows 7 & can't find any driver which is compatible to download for my (ancient) scanner - but can't afford a new one yet....any suggestions?
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:25 PM

All replies

• What is the latest version you can find?

--
    --
    "Caribbean-Caroline" wrote in message news:e84aaf6c-cd73-4c41-88d5-d28687672d02...
    I'm on windows 7 & can't find any driver which is compatible to download for my (ancient) scanner - but can't afford a new one yet....any suggestions?
    Friday, December 14, 2012 5:57 AM
  • Hello.

I am a Support Engineer with Visioneer.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your scanner.  Unfortunately this is a very old model which was not designed for newer operating systems.  In fact, there is no driver for this scanner on windows versions newer than Windows XP SP1.

I would suggest that you consider upgrading to a newer model.  We now have a scanner that is breaking all the rules of drivers and OS dependency.  The Visioneer Mobility (visioneer.com/products/item.asp?PN=90-0537-00U) and Mobility Air (visioneer.com/products/item.asp?PN=90-0539-11W) can scan directly to an SD card or even a USB flash drive.

If you are able to find an older Windows XP SP1, and would like to try installing the scanner, please take a look at your scanner's download page (support.visioneer.com/products/7100/downloads.asp) for the appropriate drivers.  We also have an extensive support site and knowledgebase at support.visioneer.com

If you would like to discuss your options for a replacement scanner, please feel free to contact us by calling 925-251-6399.

Regards,

Visioneer Support

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:18 PM