Outlook 2016 - Schedule View - IM Presence Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we've noticed that in Outlook 2016, in the calendar view "Schedule View" that the IM presence icon is blank until you hover over it with the mouse pointer. Is this by design? Or do we have something misconfigured?

Thanks!

• Edited by SSemanco Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:47 PM Typos
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi SSemanco,

Thanks for getting back! So it seems to me that this issue is only occurs to the Click-to-Run edition of Outlook. May I know when you first noticed this problem? 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by SSemanco Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:16 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hi, we've noticed that in Outlook 2016, in the calendar view "Scheduled View" that the IM presence icon is blank until you hover over it with the mouse pointer. Is this by design? Or do we have something misconfigured?

Thanks!

Hi,

Before we go on, I'd like to confirm if you meant the Skype for Business presence light for users in the Scheduling Assistant view:

If this is the case, do you mean after hovering over the user, the presence light can be seen in both the attendee list pane and the in the popup? Or do you mean the presence light will only show up in the typical popup?
    Does this issue occur if you are in the Appointment view or in the To, CC field when composing a new mail?

Please go to File > Options > People, scroll down and make sure the checkbox of Display Online status next to name is selected:

If the above doesn't work or I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know. You may also remove the privacy information and then share a screenshot so that we can understand better about the problem.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:24 AM
  • Yuki, thank you for your reply. I'm waiting for my account to be verified so I can't post any pictures yet. In your post it looks like you are referring to the Scheduling Assistant. I was referring to the Schedule View. In Outlook, if you click on your calendar, then in the Outlook Ribbon in the Arrange Section there is a "Schedule View". It allows you to look at many calendars at the same time easily.

In Outlook 2013, the presence information automatically loads for each person when you pull in their calendars. In Outlook 2016, it doesn't automatically load the presence information. It won't show it until you hover over it with your mouse pointer.

Presence information is available every where else in Outlook 2016. It just doesn't seem to load automatically in this view.

Once my account is verified I can post some pictures.

Thanks!

Suzy

Thursday, January 10, 2019 2:16 PM
  • Hi Suzy,

Sorry for misunderstanding your situation in my reply earlier and thanks for your clarification. So you meant the presence status in the schedule view as follows, right?

I tried to search a lot but cannot find any official documentation stating if this is a feature change. But I followed your steps and got the same result when testing in my Outlook for Office 365 (Version 1812). I'll test further when I have access to other versions of Outlook and keep you posted about this. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Monday, January 14, 2019 1:23 PM
  • Yes Yuki, that's where I was talking about. Thanks for looking into it!!! Let me know if you need any further information.

Suzy

Monday, January 14, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Yes Yuki, that's where I was talking about. Thanks for looking into it!!! Let me know if you need any further information.

Suzy

Hi Suzy, 

I tested further on several more machines and it worked fine in Outlook 2016 (MSI, 16.0.4266.1001, 32-bit). But when testing in Outlook for Office 365(C2R, Version 1812, Build 11126. 20196) and Outlook 2019 (C2R, Version 1808, Build 10340.20017), I can reproduce the situation mentioned in your post. 

May I know if you are also using a Click-to-Run edition of Office 2016? Could you please collect the build number of Outlook via File > Office Account > About Outlook? 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 9:04 AM
  • Yuki, here is the build information for the affected user:

Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.10730.20264) 32 bit.

Thanks!

Suzy

Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:40 PM
  • Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:11 PM
  • Hi SSemanco,

Thanks for getting back! So it seems to me that this issue is only occurs to the Click-to-Run edition of Outlook. May I know when you first noticed this problem? 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

• Marked as answer by SSemanco Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:16 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 9:12 AM
  • Yuki, the issue was first reported on 11/30/2018. The customer mentioned at that time that they had just noticed it.

Thanks for your help on this!

Suzy

Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:06 PM