Explorer Folder View in Windows Explorer RRS feed

• Question

•  

I get problem here after click once on link Folder in Windows Explorer (above the three structure, and below the Favorite Links) because when I click on a drive (HD or DVD) the Folder View (on left) disappear. 

In Windows XP you can configure it by clicking View/Explorer Bar, Folder view (or something like). But  in Vista I wasn't able to find out such resource.

I would like to restore this resource because it allows me to transfer files more easily among the DVDs and HDs.

Thank you for your help.

Monday, September 1, 2008 12:18 PM

Answers

• Thiago

In Vista, Windows Explorer, it's called the Folder pane or Navigation Pane.

You can access it by clicking the 'Organize Button' and selecting 'Layout/Navigation Pane'.

You can also position the mouse cursor slightly above the word 'Folder' and 'drag' the folder pane up or down until it is positioned the way you wish. You can also simply click the 'arrow' on the right side of the Folder Pane.

Also, if you see the word 'more' with a small 'arrow', in the top section, you can click that 'arrow' to see a pop up list of the links.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 5:01 AM

All replies

• Thiago

In Vista, Windows Explorer, it's called the Folder pane or Navigation Pane.

You can access it by clicking the 'Organize Button' and selecting 'Layout/Navigation Pane'.

You can also position the mouse cursor slightly above the word 'Folder' and 'drag' the folder pane up or down until it is positioned the way you wish. You can also simply click the 'arrow' on the right side of the Folder Pane.

Also, if you see the word 'more' with a small 'arrow', in the top section, you can click that 'arrow' to see a pop up list of the links.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.
    By marking a post as Answered, you help others find the answer faster.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 5:01 AM
  • The developers changed the location of the resource. Doing what you said fix up the problem!

Thank you
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:35 PM
  • Thiago

Your welcome, Im glad this helped. 

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:42 PM