none
Project 2013 SP1 Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was trying to create a PWA in a freshly installed singlebox SharepOint 2013 SP1  and Project 2013 SP1 wit builtin SQL database as test instance, following below technet article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662105(v=office.15).aspx

Proess fails with below logs in Application Logs.

=====

Provisioning 'PWA': One or more of the databases already contains schema. When editing or creating a Project Server instance, you may specify:

* Four databases that do not exist

* Four existing, blank databases

* Four existing Project Server databases of the same version from the same installation.

Combinations of blank, new, and existing databases are not allowed.

=====

Failed to provision site PWA with error: Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.ProvisionException: Failed to provision database.

Database provisioning failed. The database DB_name contains a non project schema and cannot be used. ---> Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.ProvisionException: Database provisioning failed. The database DB_Name contains a non project schema and cannot be used.

at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.PsiServiceApplication.EnsureProjectServiceDatabase(ProjectProvisionSettings provset, String collation, ProjectDatabaseStateType& originalDatabaseState)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.PsiServiceApplication.EnsureProjectServiceDatabase(ProjectProvisionSettings provset, String collation, ProjectDatabaseStateType& originalDatabaseState)

at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.Administration.PsiServiceApplication.CreateSite(ProjectProvisionSettings provset)

======

Please help here as I am new to MS Project and SharePoint.

Thanks

Mohammed Uwaiz A

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:02 AM

All replies

• hello, If this is a new install and the database is empty just try and provision the PWA site again from the Project Server service application in Central Admin. Does this error with the same message? If so, enter a new database name and try again. Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:08 AM
  • Hi Paul,

Thank You for advice, since it ws a test environment, I proceeded with default WSS_COntent database and successfully deployed the PWA. No I have anothe rproblem that even for PWA administrator I get the Access Denied error "

Sorry, this site hasn't been shared with you.

Please help here.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:28 AM
  • If you tried instantly after the PWA site was created it might not work as there is a timer job that needs to run to give the access. Does it work now with the PWA administrator account?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:23 AM