Blue screen in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been getting the blue screen after windows has been running for a while. Sometimes it happens when I am trying to install something. I have uploaded minidump files to the sky drive but I can't seem to read them, I tried copying and pasting them to the desktop and opening them as notepad files but all I get is gibberish, at least it is to me. I need to know how to make these accessible to the pros so I can repair this problem. I have the Technical information from the blue screen here:

A clock interrupt was not received on  a secondary processor within the allocated time interval.

*** stop 0x000000101 (0x0000000000000031, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF88002FD3180, 0x0000000000000003)

Don't know if this helps but there it is.

I am running Windows 7 P 64 bit desk top

Gigabyte MB GA-MA78Gm-S2H Rev 1.0

4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800 Mhz 2Volt BL2CP25664A80A

AMD PHENOM 9750 2.4Ghz QUAD CORE

CPU temp was 32-34 degrees C last time I checked.

Disk error check was inconclusive ( I walked away and when I returned windows had loaded ) I assume this means that no errors were found.

RAM scanned and no errors were found.

https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=en-US#cid=74B3C1D7DE3540EC&id=74B3C1D7DE3540EC!130
    • Edited by AlanZ1 Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:37 AM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 11:09 PM

Answers

• Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {83, 298a7af8, 1, 1298a7}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgrkx64.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgrkx64.sys
    Probably caused by : avgrkx64.sys ( avgrkx64+2c21 )

Hi,

According this analysis, crashes can be probably caused by avgrkx64.sys. Please upgrade your AVG to the latest version (currently 2012.0.2127) from this website.

Regarding inconclusive analysis from the other dumps, use Driver Verifier to identify misbehaving driver.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617/en-us

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:21 PM
    Friday, January 24, 2014 8:59 AM

All replies

• We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  
    We prefer at least 2 DMP files to spot trends and confirm the cause.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:05 AM
  • Hope this gets you there.

https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=en-US#cid=74B3C1D7DE3540EC

• Edited by AlanZ1 Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:52 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:51 AM
  • Alan

Sorry but you aren't sharing anything

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:25 PM
  • https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=74B3C1D7DE3540EC!142&authkey=!ALdDapznQIVf9bM&ithint=file%2c.zip

I hope it works this time.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:18 PM
  • Alan

These worked but were inconclusive 0oease run driver verifier to pin down the misbehaving driver.

These crashes were related to memory management (probably caused by a driver). 

Please run these tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.  Since this appears to be a driver I would start with driver verifier.

If you are overclocking (pushing the components beyond their design) you should revert to default at least until the crashing is solved. If you don't know what it is you probably are not overclocking.

1-Memtest. (You can read more about running memtest here)
    2-Driver verifier (for complete directions see our wiki here)
    Co-Authored by  JMH3143

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:30 PM
  • Thank you for your previous help. I am still crashing though if someone could please look at the data that I posted I would really appreciate it. I put in the Driver verifier last night and uploaded the dump file after the crash and added the MSINFO32. I did a memory test a couple of days ago when I thought the problem was the new ram I bought, no errors were found in the memory.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=74B3C1D7DE3540EC!143&authkey=!AML5EAwFxcAYvKE&ithint=file%2c.zip

Thought I would add these dmp's from the crashes after trying to run AVG.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=74B3C1D7DE3540EC!145&authkey=!AKD5PgoKbEWJy7A&ithint=file%2c.zip

• Edited by AlanZ1 Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:31 AM Spelling
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:43 PM
  • I previously posted a question in the forum about the BSOD and was getting help but after my last post with the MSINFO32 file and dump files links i don't know if the page went stale for some reason. But I though that reposting  the info might help. I know that you all are not getting paid for the work you do here and I do appreciate the efforts you go to, to help people so thank you in advance. Here are the links to the MSINFO32 and dmp files. I hope that this is everything you need.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=74B3C1D7DE3540EC!143&authkey=!AML5EAwFxcAYvKE&ithint=file%2c.zip

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=74B3C1D7DE3540EC!145&authkey=!AKD5PgoKbEWJy7A&ithint=file%2c.zip

I Added the last set of dump files when they occurred after I tried to run AVG antivirus program, maybe they will prove useful.

• Edited by AlanZ1 Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:50 PM
    • Merged by Yolanda Zhu Friday, January 24, 2014 9:06 AM original repliers are more familiar with this BSOD
    Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:39 PM
  • Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {83, 298a7af8, 1, 1298a7}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgrkx64.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgrkx64.sys
    Probably caused by : avgrkx64.sys ( avgrkx64+2c21 )

Hi,

According this analysis, crashes can be probably caused by avgrkx64.sys. Please upgrade your AVG to the latest version (currently 2012.0.2127) from this website.

Regarding inconclusive analysis from the other dumps, use Driver Verifier to identify misbehaving driver.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617/en-us

Andy Altmann

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:21 PM
    Friday, January 24, 2014 8:59 AM
  • Hi AlanZ1,

I suggest you insist on the original post of this issue, cause the replier in the original post is more familiar with this BSOD issue, and you can save more time.

From the dump file, it could be something wrong with the AVG antivirus software as well as another 3 rd party application which shows up as an “Unknown_Image” in the dump file, but seems hardly to find the 3 rd party application from the dump. A Driver verifier as mentioned in the previous replies would be helpful to find the issued driver.

Regards

Yolanda

Friday, January 24, 2014 9:03 AM
  • Driver verifier was running before I added my last two zip file links. Not sure where the evidence of Driver Verifier having been run shows up (My understanding of Driver Verifier is that it is a program designed to stress the drivers thereby causing BSOD and then using the resulting dump files to identify the faulty driver)(Let me know if this is not accurate), is there a file I need to look for or do I go back into Driver Verifier to find output?

I am running AVG version 2014.0.4259 If this newer version has been buggy and I should go back to AVG 2012.0.2127 please let me know.

My apologies for the second post but I was getting help with this issue every few hours and then after my last post there was no reply for about twenty four hours. I thought maybe someone had closed the issue or something.

Thank you Yolanda for your help, not sure how to "insist" on the original post of this issue. But I will go back to the page where the instructions for running Driver Verifier are and try to figure out where the output of that program is. Please don't take anything in this post as snarky it is not intended to be I do appreciate the help I am getting here.
    Friday, January 24, 2014 5:14 PM
  • I believe during the install of my new system I installed AVG antivirus in safe mode and then when I booted into full windows 7 I didn't see the icon or the program in all programs for AVG so I installed it again. It looks like this may have been the problem all along. Once I uninstalled AVG and then reinstalled it in full windows 7 mode I havn't had a blue screen. So thanks for the help.  I am going to run driver verifier again and see if anything happens.
    • Edited by AlanZ1 Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:42 PM
    Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:39 PM