Storage Spaces RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I currently have a ZFS-based file server (Illumos).  I have a disk pooling setup of ZFS' equivalent of RAID 6 (2 drive failures), and have 2 of them grouped for effectively RAID 60.  So 2x 6-drive RAID-Z2's wrapped in a RAID 0, which gives me 1 pool.

Can Storage Spaces (in Win2K12R2) do this?  I'd like to move my ZFS install to Storage Spaces but this is critical.  From a quick look, it looks like I'd end up with 2 distinct RAID groups in Storage Spaces.

What I'd like to end up with is:

2-way mirror with SSD write back
    2-way mirror with SSD write back

and wrap the lot in whatever Storage Spaces defines as RAID 0.  So one big pool made up of 5 2-way mirrors, each with its own SSD.  So that would be 15 disks - 10 spinning and 5 SSD.

Thanks

• Edited by Lanky Doodle Sunday, May 1, 2016 7:49 PM Additional details
    Sunday, May 1, 2016 7:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Sir,

AFAIK , storage space can not configure RAID for virtual disks created by storage pool .

You can take advantage of operating system to create RAID for virtual disk in disk manager .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, May 18, 2016 6:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, May 25, 2016 8:15 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2016 3:13 PM