none
Deploying Windows XP Service Pack 3 Using SMS 2003 Fails RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    I am in the process of upgrading my SMS Master image to XP Service pack3. The build process completes successfully and the image is uplaoded onto the SMS server with no problem. However when I deploy this image onto a work station I get an error message saying that Autochk could not be found and then I get the dreaded blue screen stop message c000021a with status 0xc000003a.

     

    I am using SMS 2003 with the OSDFP2 and BDD 2.5. Has anyone else encountered this problem

    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:19 AM

Answers

  • With the help of our HP Solutions Architect, I've managed to fix this problem.  Turns out, the HAL files I was using to upgrade certain models (including the 6320) to multiprocessor, were in need of replacement.  I extracted the new ones out of the XP Sp3 file and stuck them in the image.  Now everything is working great!  Hopefully this pertains to your image as well and will help you to fix the problem.

    Friday, July 11, 2008 6:15 PM

All replies

  • Please check my report as well -> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3554974&SiteID=17

     

    Kind regards

    Per

    Monday, June 30, 2008 8:01 PM
  • I have the same issue :-(

     

    Have you found a solution?

    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 6:20 AM
  • Mylem, Joon

    Do the machines you are deploying XP SP3 to have KB824105 installed?

    Or do these machines have any Norton  or other Anti Virus products installed ?

    Thanks
    J
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

     

    Thanks for the reply

     

    I know the KB is not installed but yes to the Anti-Virus. I will re-do the build minus the core applications and Anti-Virus and see how that goes.

     

    Regards

    Mylem

     

    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 11:07 PM
  • Ok, I have re-done my master build minus core applications, anti-virus programs, KB Hotfixes and security patches (if there are with SP3) and am still getting BSOD message c000021a status 0xc000003a. I have also tried sysprep with SP2 and SP3 and this has not made any difference. From my observation it does not seem that building a master workstation image based on SP3 is possible (However I might be wrong)

     

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 1:46 AM
  • Hi Mylem

     

    KB824105 is not installed, but I don’t know if it is a part of SP3?

     

    I have tried with and without antivirus, but I still get the same error.

     

    Now I am going to include the SP3 installation in my postconfig script, but then it will take 30 minutes longer to deploy an image L

     

     

     

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:26 AM
  •  

    I am having the same issue with an NC6320.  I have a universal image that works on all of our HP pc's and is deployed through zenworks.  It is built on an Intel DC5100.  I have successfully updated to SP3 and so far the image works on every computer I have tested with the exception of the 6320.  On this laptop, it will run through the windows setup just fine and then on the next reboot I get the autochk error and the constant reboots.  If anyone can figure this out it would be great.  Btw, the only difference between this newest image and the last image is the inclusion of SP3, as well as all other windows updates up to June 30th.

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:05 PM
  • I am using SCCM 2007 with the SP3 slipstream OS downloaded from MS site.  The machine works fine when building the image and capture, but when deploying the Image back to machine, I have the same exact message:  autocheck program not found; skipping autocheck.  It then restarts and loops through the same message again and again.  It would make life a lot easier if there was a resolution for this!
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 5:08 PM
  • Any updates or fixes?

    Wednesday, July 9, 2008 2:26 PM
  • I Haven't had any luck solving this one.

     

    Wednesday, July 9, 2008 11:43 PM
  • With the help of our HP Solutions Architect, I've managed to fix this problem.  Turns out, the HAL files I was using to upgrade certain models (including the 6320) to multiprocessor, were in need of replacement.  I extracted the new ones out of the XP Sp3 file and stuck them in the image.  Now everything is working great!  Hopefully this pertains to your image as well and will help you to fix the problem.

    Friday, July 11, 2008 6:15 PM
  • Brilliant. Thanks for the solution as that fixed my problem
    Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11:47 PM
  • The new HAL files worked for our images as well.  Thanks for the helpful info and the encouragement to try it out!

     

    Friday, July 18, 2008 1:23 PM
  • Ah good, I was wondering what was causing that, I had the same problem here, we forgot to update the multi-hal.
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:59 AM