Windows 7 Locked out of OS w/ Bitlocker Encryption RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have an issue that started with a rush to encrypt my Windows 7 - HP Pavilion g6 Notebook with Bitlocker.

I started and completed the encryption process on my C drive.

Upon re-starting my computer, I was taken to the HP Recovery Manager page and unable to access my desktop. At this point, I'm unable to access any of my files and I don't know how to process or fix this.

Things I've done to try to fix:

-After research, I've successfully unlocked and disabled Bitlocker with my recovery key and password through the manage-bde commands. 
    -I've done a system checkup, and it appears there's an issue with the Hard Disk Short DST - failure.
    -I've run a CHKDSK scan, and there are alot of files corrupt, but I have no details on what's wrong.

I suspect that by encrypting my drive, I also encrypted the operating system.

Can anyone give me advice on what I should do next to try and get my computer working back to normal? .

Thanks!! 
    Monday, April 22, 2019 1:59 PM

All replies

• Since you have successfully unlock and disable BitLocker, thing will be ok, just follow the HP guide to deal with HP Recovery Manager.

Once BitLocker encryption has been disabled, you data will not be lost, you just need to restore/reset system.

HP PCs - Performing a System Recovery (Windows 10)

https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c04758961

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

One more thing, I suggest to backup important files and change another drive because of many corruption during disk check.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 29, 2019 9:56 AM