none
Intune MDM Authority - NO SCCM present

Question

• Google has started blocking me for too many search query's and the Technet servers are overloaded.

Clients are:

• W10 v1709
    • Auto MDM Enrolled with AAD Token
    • Hybrid Azure AD Joined
    • Intune Device Configuration policy's apply nicely

All is good, except software deployment. Company portal reports:

"Your apps are located in Software Center"

So, how do you move clients / force clients to use Intune for software installation?

No SCCM present, never have been present.

/Frederik Leed

Thursday, November 2, 2017 11:13 PM

All replies

• In your Azure Portal, if you go to Intune -> Device Enrollment -> Overview; what is your MDM Authority set to?

http://www.dreamension.net

Friday, November 3, 2017 12:49 AM
  • MDM Authority : intune

/Frederik Leed

Friday, November 3, 2017 8:34 AM
  • Define "move clients / force clients to use Intune for software installation"?

Do you mean prevent all other application installation methods except Intune? Are you referring to Win32 apps, store apps, or both?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, November 3, 2017 1:14 PM
  • No, i just mean enable clients to get software installed by Intune. At the moment the message in Company Portal, where apps are located for non hybrid computers, the message is: "Your apps are located in Software Center"

/Frederik Leed

Friday, November 3, 2017 4:05 PM
  • @Jason i don't know if it still unclear what i'm trying to solve here?

Intune normally works and still does for non-domain-joined computers. But domain-joined computers, are unable to get software deployed from Intune, they are only able to get Policy's.

/Frederik Leed

Friday, November 3, 2017 5:59 PM
  • Hello Frederik,

It looks like that you are using SCCM Company Portal, NOT Intune Company Portal.

Could you please open the Store from the Windows 10, and search for Company Portal?

Please make sure the Company Portal in the store has been installed correctly.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 6, 2017 6:58 AM
  • Not using SCCM Company portal, how would that ever get on the device?

Company Portal is installed from the "Store" app. (but normally for non-domain-joined computers, installed as a required app through Intune)

/Frederik Leed

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:02 PM
  • Frederik Leed - you're not going to believe this...I'm getting this EXACT same problem now too for a customer of mine.

I'm using MDT to build Win 10 1709 machines and joining them to a domain.  The domain has been configured for hybrid Azure-AD join.  So when a machine joins the domain, Azure AD knows about it - and Intune does automatic enrolment.

Now - in my _DOMAIN_, SCCM has NEVER been installed (and I know this because I'm an SCCM guy 

I noticed in the Intune portal -> Devices -> All Devices and when I look at the Compliance column it says "See ConfigMgr".  Does your say that?  

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:25 AM
  • Just for everyone else's reference this is a screen shot of the message...

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 8:37 AM
  • Interesting, i have this problem too. My clients also registers as "See ConfigMgr" in Azure Intunes. If i register them manually they do not do this.
    I am also deploying my computers with MDT/WDS and have never had SCCM installed.

Also on top of this some of my clients refuses to auto enroll with the error message in task scheduler:
    "The system tried to delete the JOIN of a drive that is not joined".

Weird stuff. :)

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 3:11 PM
  • Ok guys - I've discovered some more information about my customers environment which may assist you in solving this issue.

I know everyone here has said SCCM has never existed - but has SCCM ever existed in another domain that's part of the same forest?  

For my customer, we've found in another domain they used to have SCCM a few years ago.  SCCM has long since been decommissioned (this happened when my customer split from another department), but there are still management point objects in the Systems Management container.  This would also lead me to assume that at some point in time the SCCM Schema Extensions have been applied.  The schema extensions are FOREST wide.

So even though I'm standing up Win10 1709 machines in a new DOMAIN, these schema extensions are still part of the larger forest.   I'm waiting for my customer to process a change control request to delete the stale MP objects from the other domain in the forest, and then to back-out the schema extensions that have been applied by SCCM to see if this clears the issue.

If you're not an SCCM person and need to find the schema extensions - get hold of an SCCM iso and locate the "configmgr_ad_schema.ldf" file on it - open this in notepad and these are all the schema extensions that are applied (that you may need to reverse).

I'll post back whether this was successful or not, but it may be a week or so for this change control to get processed.

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 11:45 PM
  • > "This would also lead me to assume that at some point in time the SCCM Schema Extensions have been applied."

It's not possible to have the MP objects without the schema extension.

> "back-out the schema extensions"

This is impossible and completely unnecessary. The most that can be done is to disable the additional classes and their/or their attributes but this is truly not necessary and has nothing to do with your issue.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, November 9, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Cleaning up the management point objects and removing the Systems Management container didn't work.  I've recommended to the customer they raise a PSS ticket.  I'll update again with more information if this gets resolved or the issue identified.

Monday, November 13, 2017 11:53 PM
  • The issue has been identified as a bug.

From Microsoft Support:

After a code review and a debugging session with our MS development team, we can now confirm it is a known issue which is affecting multiple customers. The fix is in progress and we are planning to deliver it in the next Intune monthly releases. I will let you know once the fix is available.

If you need to reference our support ticket it's REG:117111317148943

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:28 AM
  • Someone know if this is fixed yet?
    Friday, January 19, 2018 11:55 AM
  • I have the same problem with a customer.

Did an operating system deployment from ConfigMgr, removed the ConfigMgr client agent and did a sysprep /oobe. Started the device with the OOBE experience.  I registred with username + password to azure and the device is added to Azure AD (policies from Intune are applied). Installed the Company Portal. Launced the Company Portal and the message "Your apps are located in the software center" appears.

• Edited by klaver4 Wednesday, February 14, 2018 3:29 PM
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 3:26 PM
  • Hi Klaver

Did you find a resolution to this issue? I'm currently facing the same issuse. No matter how much cleanup i do after a finished SCCM task sequence, Intune detects the device as ConfigMgr managed and no policies are applied. This is the script we use for cleanup:

Start-Process -FilePath 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe' -Args "/uninstall" -Wait -NoNewWindow

# wait for exit
    $CCMProcess = Get-Process ccmsetup -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    try{
        $CCMProcess.WaitForExit()
    }catch{

}

# Stop Services
    Stop-Service -Name ccmsetup -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Stop-Service -Name CcmExec -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Stop-Service -Name smstsmgr -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Stop-Service -Name CmRcService -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

# wait for exit
    $CCMProcess = Get-Process ccmexec -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    try{
    }catch{

}

# Remove WMI Namespaces
    Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM __Namespace WHERE Name='ccm'" -Namespace root | Remove-WmiObject
    Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM __Namespace WHERE Name='sms'" -Namespace root\cimv2 | Remove-WmiObject

# Remove Services from Registry
    $MyPath = “HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services”
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\CCMSetup -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\CcmExec -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\smstsmgr -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\CmRcService -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

# Remove SCCM Client from Registry
    $MyPath = “HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft”
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\CCM -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\CCMSetup -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\SMS -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

# Remove Folders and Files
    $MyPath = $env:WinDir
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\ccmsetup -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\ccmcache -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\SMSCFG.ini -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\SMS*.mif -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue	

Friday, March 9, 2018 12:08 PM
  • If anyone wanna know, i contacted Microsoft, and removing this regkey solved the problem:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DeviceManageabilityCSP

Monday, March 12, 2018 12:26 PM
  • Hi Morton,

We did a test and this works. This is the solution. Great!

Thanks.

Erwin (KLAVER4)

Monday, March 12, 2018 2:37 PM
  • HI Morten,

I used this command to remove the reg key, but it seem the key is not exist,

reg delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft" /v DeviceManageabilityCSP /f

When should I place this step in TaskSequence, after the operating system install or after OOBE, sysprep?

thanks

Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:35 AM
  • HI Morten,

When should I place this step in TaskSequence, after the operating system install or after OOBE, sysprep?

thanks

Hello IT Folk,

You could add Morten's awesome script as a task sequence variable named "SMSTSPostAction". This action will always run after the task sequence completes so SCCM does not receive any errors while you uninstall the client. Run it locally from c:\temp or something similar:

powershell.exe C:\temp\UninstallSCCM.ps1

Add the regedit and the sysprep to his script like so:

Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\DeviceManageabilityCSP -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

# Run sysprep to force OOBE on next boot
    c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /shutdown

Make sure the sysprep is the last action in the script. Within 1-3 minutes after the task sequence completes your computer will shutdown (or reboot depending on what you want) and the next boot shows up as a new out-of-the-box computer experience but with your own applications and customizations already applied to Windows.

Regards,
    Jerrie

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:37 AM
  • HI Morten,

thanks

Hello IT Folk,

You could add Morten's awesome script as a task sequence variable named "SMSTSPostAction". This action will always run after the task sequence completes so SCCM does not receive any errors while you uninstall the client. Run it locally from c:\temp or something similar:

powershell.exe C:\temp\UninstallSCCM.ps1

Add the regedit and the sysprep to his script like so:

Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\DeviceManageabilityCSP -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /shutdown

Make sure the sysprep is the last action in the script. Within 1-3 minutes after the task sequence completes your computer will shutdown (or reboot depending on what you want) and the next boot shows up as a new out-of-the-box computer experience but with your own applications and customizations already applied to Windows.

Regards,
    Jerrie

HI Jerrie,

Could you post the script? I'm new to SCCM.

thanks 

Monday, March 26, 2018 7:56 AM
  • This fixed my issue.
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 9:34 PM
  • Hi Joseph, 

Could you shared ur script and step, I'm using below script but it won't work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start-Process -FilePath 'C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe' -Args "/uninstall" -Wait -NoNewWindow

# wait for exit
    $CCMProcess = Get-Process ccmsetup -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    try{
    }catch{

}

# Stop Services
    Stop-Service -Name ccmsetup -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Stop-Service -Name CcmExec -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Stop-Service -Name smstsmgr -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Stop-Service -Name CmRcService -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

# wait for exit
    $CCMProcess = Get-Process ccmexec -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    try{
    }catch{

}

# Remove WMI Namespaces
    Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM __Namespace WHERE Name='ccm'" -Namespace root | Remove-WmiObject
    Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM __Namespace WHERE Name='sms'" -Namespace root\cimv2 | Remove-WmiObject

# Remove Services from Registry
    $MyPath = “HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services”
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\CcmExec -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\smstsmgr -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\CmRcService -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\SMS -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

# Remove Folders and Files
    $MyPath = $env:WinDir
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\ccmsetup -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\ccmcache -Force -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    Remove-Item -Path $MyPath\SMSCFG.ini -Force -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Start-Process -filePath c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe -ArgumentList /oobe /shutdown -wait -PassThru

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. I package this script "UninstallSCCM.ps1"

3. from TS I add command line to copy the script to %temp% "XCOPY.EXE ".\*.*" "%temp%" /HERCIY"

4. I added other TS type: Set Task Sequence Vaiable, Task Sequence Variable = SMSTSPostAction

Value: Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -File "%temp%\UninstallSCCM.ps1"

------------------------------------------

smsts.log

-------------

Action command line: smsswd.exe /run:NL10005C XCOPY.EXE ".\*.*" "C:\temp" /HERCIY TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Adding instruction at 45 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Parsing step node: Run After Last Task Sequence Step TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Parsing Action Type node: SMS_TaskSequence_SetVariableAction TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Description: TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    ContinueOnError: TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    SuccessCodeList: 0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    RetryCount: 0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    No condition is associated with the step. TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Disable: TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Run in attribute: WinPEandFullOS TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Timeout: TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    DefaultVarlist found TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    No variables found in default variable list TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Action command line: tsenv.exe "SMSTSPostAction=Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -File "C:\temp\UninstallSCCM.ps1"" TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Adding instruction at 46 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Processed all elements TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Adding end group instruction at 47 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    The next instruction after group will be at 48 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Adding end group instruction at 48 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    The next instruction after group will be at 49 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Reading Global variable list TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Got root node now getting global var list TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    GlobalVarlist found TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Variable name: OSDEnableTCPIPFiltering TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Variable name: OSDAdapterCount TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Starting Task Sequence Engine . . . TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    **************************************************************************** TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    NextInstructionPointer: 43 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionTableSize=49 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable SMSTSRebootRequested= TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable SMSTSRebootMessage= TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable SMSTSRebootReason= TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable SMSTSRetryRequested= TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Succeeded loading resource DLL 'X:\sms\bin\x64\1033\TSRES.DLL' TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    The task execution engine started execution TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Do not send status message in full media case TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Start executing an instruction. Instruction name: Applications. Instruction pointer: 43 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=Applications TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=43 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    The group (Applications) has been successfully completed TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Do not send status message in full media case TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Updated security on object D:\_SMSTaskSequence. TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Save the current environment block TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetryCount=0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Start executing an instruction. Instruction name: OOBE. Instruction pointer: 44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=OOBE TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    The group (OOBE) has been successfully started TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Updated security on object D:\_SMSTaskSequence. TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=45 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=45 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Save the current environment block TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetryCount=0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Start executing an instruction. Instruction name: Copy Powershell. Instruction pointer: 45 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=Copy Powershell TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=45 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a local default variable SMSTSDisableWow64Redirection TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a local default variable _SMSTSRunCommandLineAsUser TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLogPath=X:\windows\TEMP\SMSTSLog TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Expand a string: smsswd.exe /run:NL10005C XCOPY.EXE ".\*.*" "C:\temp" /HERCIY TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Expand a string: TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %* TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set command line: smsswd.exe /run:NL10005C XCOPY.EXE ".\*.*" "C:\temp" /HERCIY TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Start executing the command line: smsswd.exe /run:NL10005C XCOPY.EXE ".\*.*" "C:\temp" /HERCIY TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    !--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------! TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Expand a string: WinPEandFullOS TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Executing command line: smsswd.exe /run:NL10005C XCOPY.EXE ".\*.*" "C:\temp" /HERCIY TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    [ smsswd.exe ] InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    PackageID = 'NL10005C' InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    BaseVar = '', ContinueOnError='' InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    ProgramName = 'XCOPY.EXE ".\*.*" "C:\temp" /HERCIY' InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    SwdAction = '0001' InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    ResolveSource flags: 0x00000000 InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    SMSTSPersistContent: . The content for package NL10005C will be persisted InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Package location: _SMSTSNL10005C, file:VOL001:\SMS\PKG\NL10005C InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Searching A:\ for Fullmedia content InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:04 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Searching C:\ for Fullmedia content InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Searching D:\ for Fullmedia content InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Searching E:\ for Fullmedia content InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Searching F:\ for Fullmedia content InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Found Fullmedia content in drive F:\. InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Resolved source to 'F:\SMS\PKG\NL10005C' InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Command line for extension .EXE is "%1" %* InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Set command line: Run command line InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Working dir 'F:\SMS\PKG\NL10005C' InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Executing command line: Run command line InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Process completed with exit code 0 InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    .\UninstallSCCM.ps1 InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    1 File(s) copied InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Command line XCOPY.EXE ".\*.*" "C:\temp" /HERCIY returned 0 InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    ReleaseSource() for F:\SMS\PKG\NL10005C. InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    The user tries to release a source directory F:\SMS\PKG\NL10005C that is either already released or we have not connected to it. InstallSoftware 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1180 (0x049C)
    Process completed with exit code 0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    !--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------! TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Successfully completed the action (Copy Powershell) with the exit win32 code 0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Do not send status message in full media case TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetCode=0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionSucceeded=true TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Expand a string: %_SMSTSMDataPath%\Logs TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Clear local default environment TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Updated security on object D:\_SMSTaskSequence. TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=46 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=46 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Save the current environment block TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetryCount=0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Start executing an instruction. Instruction name: Run After Last Task Sequence Step. Instruction pointer: 46 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=Run After Last Task Sequence Step TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=46 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLogPath=X:\windows\TEMP\SMSTSLog TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Expand a string: tsenv.exe "SMSTSPostAction=Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -File "C:\temp\UninstallSCCM.ps1"" TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Expand a string: TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Command line for extension .exe is "%1" %* TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set command line: tsenv.exe "SMSTSPostAction=Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -File "C:\temp\UninstallSCCM.ps1"" TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Start executing the command line: tsenv.exe "SMSTSPostAction=Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -File "C:\temp\UninstallSCCM.ps1"" TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    !--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------! TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Expand a string: WinPEandFullOS TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Executing command line: tsenv.exe "SMSTSPostAction=Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -File "C:\temp\UninstallSCCM.ps1"" TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Finished with error code 0 TSEnv 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1224 (0x04C8)
    Process completed with exit code 0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Successfully completed the action (Run After Last Task Sequence Step) with the exit win32 code 0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Do not send status message in full media case TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetCode=0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionSucceeded=true TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Expand a string: %_SMSTSMDataPath%\Logs TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Clear local default environment TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Updated security on object D:\_SMSTaskSequence. TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=47 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=47 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 44 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSLastActionRetryCount=0 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Start executing an instruction. Instruction name: OOBE. Instruction pointer: 47 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSCurrentActionName=OOBE TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=47 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    The group (OOBE) has been successfully completed TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=48 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSNextInstructionPointer=48 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a global environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Set a TS execution environment variable _SMSTSInstructionStackString=29 TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05 AM 1084 (0x043C)
    Successfully save execution state and environment to local hard disk TSManager 5/29/2018 3:48:05

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 2:34 AM
  • Removing this reg key worked for me as well.

Shane Curtis

Monday, August 6, 2018 7:19 PM
  • Hi Shane, can you share me detail step?

I get it worked too, but I need to run other step to get this script run, it won't run at SMSTSPostAction.

thanks

Friday, August 17, 2018 3:59 AM
  • You can copy the script and add a task with group policy preferences.  Good refererence:

https://4sysops.com/archives/run-powershell-scripts-as-immediate-scheduled-tasks-with-group-policy/ 

What the GPO does:

1.  Copies a powershell script to C:\Temp (Temp folder is created if it doesn’t already exist.)

Contents of the script:

C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe /uninstall

Remove-Item HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DeviceManageabilityCSP -Recurse

Script will uninstall SCCM client and then delete the referenced key in the registry.

2.  Creates a task in task scheduler that runs the script.

Shane Curtis

Monday, August 20, 2018 3:30 PM