Exchange 2010: Room Resource Mailbox - View Attendees in Meetings RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to view attendees in meetings on an Exchange 2010 Room mailbox? This only affects new Room mailboxes that were created on the Exchange 2010 server.

We can see the attendees in meetings on Room mailboxes that were originally created with Exchange 2007. All of our Room mailboxes are running on Exchange 2010 (the ones created with Exchange 2007 were migrated to 2010).

Exchange server = Exchange 2010 SP1 Rollup 6.

Thanks!
    Mike

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

I did a test. If you want user A to open resource mailbox ROOM's calendar to see the attendees information, I'm afraid that you have to share ROOM's calendar to A with "Full details". That means A must have at least the "Reviewer" permission of ROOM's calendar. Or else you have to logon the ROOM mailbox to see the attendee information.

To do this, you can logon to the ROOM mailbox and share calendar to A, or run the cmdlet:

Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity ROOM@domain.com:\calendar -User A@domain.com -AccessRights Reviewer

Jack Zhou
    • Marked as answer by Jackzhou_5 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:40 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Do you mean you can't see who is the attendee when you open the Room mailbox?

I firstly create a room mailbox and enabled its account in ADUC, and then grant room account itself the full permission. (Do these to ensure I could logon the room mailbox).

Then I sent a meeting request from A1 with the recipients(A2, A3, A4...) and chose the room. The room accepted the request automatically.

Finally, I logon the room mailbox via Outlook 2010 and open the meeting request, click the Scheduling Assistant, then I can see all the attendees on the left.

All things seem OK. I don't know whether this is what you want. If I misunderstand you, please correct me.

Jack Zhou
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 5:13 AM
  • Jack,

Yes, our employees would like to be able to see who's in the meetings to see if they can be bumped from the room.  The issue came up because one of our executive assistants (who monitors the Room calendars) noticed that she can't see the attendees for one of our conference rooms.  That conference room mailbox was created with Exchange 2010.

If an end user tries to open a meeting on the Room calendar, they get an error saying:

"You do not have permission to view this calendar. do you want to ask <mailbox name> to share his or her Calendar with you?"

In the end, we only want employees to be able to see: The Meeting Organizer in the subject and the list of attendees if you open the meeting.

They should not be able to see the meeting details: actual subject, body of the meeting, attachments, etc.

Thanks!
    Mike

Mike Fowler
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:14 PM
  • Hi Mike,

I did a test. If you want user A to open resource mailbox ROOM's calendar to see the attendees information, I'm afraid that you have to share ROOM's calendar to A with "Full details". That means A must have at least the "Reviewer" permission of ROOM's calendar. Or else you have to logon the ROOM mailbox to see the attendee information.

To do this, you can logon to the ROOM mailbox and share calendar to A, or run the cmdlet:

Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity ROOM@domain.com:\calendar -User A@domain.com -AccessRights Reviewer

Jack Zhou
    • Marked as answer by Jackzhou_5 Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:40 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:10 AM
  • I had the exact same issue brought to me today that MikeFowler_exch just described  in his post.

Jackxhu_5, does your answer mean i would have to share the room with each person in the company?  so that when they mouse hover the appointment in the calendar the user can see who has the room?

Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:13 PM