none
Group policy error event 1058 error code 2 and error code 3

Question

• I have read a bunch of threads, but have not yet found anything substantial. I have an error on my file server (1058 error code 2) and client machines (1058 error code 3) but i think both are related to the one issue.

I am getting something a little weird and would like some help with this. Notice that i am getting the domain name in where the server name should be. I think this might be, before my time, a DFS issue. DFS was installed on the file server had a namespace setup to use DOMAINNAME.COM and DFS replicated to a DC.

If i go to \\DOMAINNAME.COM\SYSVOL\DOMAINNAME.COM\Policies it is empty as the event 1058 suggests, but if i go to \\DOMAINSERVERNAME\sysvol\DOMAINNAME.COM\Policies i see the GPT.ini that the event is asking for. So i think i need a way to update the clients but i am not sure. Any help would...well help.

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\DOMAINNAME.COM\SysVol\DOMAINNAME.COM\Policies\{81D589A0-C32B-4485-BE88-0AFF7E55D5A5}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following: 

a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller. 

b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller). 

c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:23 AM

All replies