SFB Server 2015 - Issue with voicemail option in call menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!  I have recently been assigned to maintain our SFB Server (2015) however most of my UC experience has been with Cisco CUCM, CUC, etc.  I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to do a little investigating.

I was informed this weekend that when someone selects my organizations voicemail option from the call menu (IE: Press 3 for Voicemail), it simply disconnects them.  I don't see any errors in the event viewer application logs, the server appears to be healthy, I don't see any major issues. 

Is there a better location for me to check for these logs?  Where in SFB Control Panel are these options held?  Perhaps it's pointing to the wrong extension.  If all looks good, what else could cause this issue?  Thanks a ton for your help!

Monday, March 18, 2019 1:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm wondering how many users have such issue?

Does it only happens with specific user or all users?

If only specific user has this issue, did you try to log in with another PC to have a test? If the issue persists, please check and make sure the user is enabled for voice mail. Please find here for the detailed process.

If it impacts all users, based on my research, it would be the problem caused on the mediation server. Please try running the following cmdlet as Admin in SFB Mgmt shell:

set-cstrunkconfiguration -identity global -rtcpactivecalls $False -rtcpcallsonhold $False

Here is some similar cases could be as the reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/4bd3c9a2-0eff-464a-8ae9-3c8e180c1744/call-isnt-routed-to-voicemail-after-30-seconds?forum=ocsvoice

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/d0da1b13-87ed-4698-bfa4-fea21781972e/lync-pstn-timeout-fixes?forum=ocsedge

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Monday, March 25, 2019 2:05 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2019 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this query? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. :)

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:06 AM