Incoming calls dropping RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Some of the incoming calls are dropping after a few signals if not answered and a few seconds when answered. If answered, both ends of the call can't hear each other. This happens on Polycom VVX phones. User activity report is showing diagnostic ID: 13015. How to fix this?

We are using Skype For Business server 2015 on Windows Server 2012 R2.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2020 9:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Augustinas.Bartasevicius,

Do all users with Polycom VVX phones have the same issue?

Does this issue happen on other phones?

The diagnostic ID means that Skype for Business tried to route the call but couldn’t find an endpoint willing to take the call. Please set the user's voicemail is enabled/configured. You can refer to this link: https://flinchbot.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/inbound-lync-call-drops-immediately/.

If it is no luck, you could update the driver of the phone.

In addition, you can also contact the Polycom support engineer for further investigation.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 7, 2020 2:41 AM
  • Hello,

As I sse from User Activity Report, it sometimes happens to almost all of the users, and using other VVX phones. 

The link You provided suggests turning on Unified Messaging, which is turned off by Microsoft in 2020-02-28.

EDIT: Phone firmware has nothing to do with this issue, I think. Because I update firmware like half a year ago, and everything worked fine, and around 1-2 months ago all of a sudden calls started dropping.
    Thursday, May 7, 2020 5:16 AM

Do you remember what configurations do you do around 1-2 months ago?

When do you transition to Cloud Voicemail, around February 28, 2020?

Ports 3478 and 443 are related to the incoming call. You could check if the two ports have any conflicts in firewall.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 11, 2020 7:05 AM
  • Hi, sharon_zhao,

As I remember, I didn't change anything in the past few months.

About cloud voicemail, we didn't do anything at all.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2020 5:06 AM

According to your situation, most of the users have the same issue. It happens on different phones. Right?

Except the user activity report, you could check the log on the Polycom phones. If there is any useful message, Polycom support engineer can give you some help.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, May 14, 2020 8:43 AM
  • Hi, sharon_zhao,

Yes, as I see from user activity report, some users have the same issue on different phones, and even in skype for business.

I also turned on logging in federation servers, and when this issue happens, log shows that system can't find certain number in database. We have 3 federation servers, and in all of them that number is available in database.
    Friday, May 15, 2020 6:19 AM

Do these problemed users have any same settings, such as voice policy?

Do all the users use the DID numbers? And if all the DID numbers use the same route?

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Monday, May 18, 2020 7:43 AM
  • Hi sharon_zhao,

All settings, including voice policy are the same for all users in our organization.

All affected users are using DID numbers and, if I rememeber correctly, this issue happens only when receiving calls from external callers. All DID numbers are from the same carrier, and all of them are routed through 2 gateways with identical configuration.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2020 6:14 AM

If this issue only happens on external scenario, it recommends you check the settings on Edge server.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:32 AM

Any update now?

If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 7:08 AM