Word 2010, lots of embedded pictures RRS feed

• Question

• Hiya,

I have a weird problem in Word 2010 (with SP1). A document I am working on has 208 pages, with lots of embedded pictures placed inside table cells (snaphots of text from Acrobat Reader).

When I open this document, it takes ages (sometimes 5 minutes) to enumerate all the pages. If I try and click anywhere in Word during this time, Word stops responding, and crashes out
    When I try and save this document, sometimes I will get a 'The save failed due to out of memory or disk space' error message, and sometimes the Save As dialog does not even appear, at all

Any ideas? I suspect it is like this because Word simply cannot handle that amount of pictures, but is there anything I can do to make pasting the images more efficient

Thanks

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The problem might occur if the picture output, to paste picture effective, you maychange output to "96 ppi" to compress picture size, follow these steps:

• Create a new document.
    • Click File -> Options -> Advanced -> drop down Image Size and Quality, select All New Documents -> drop down Set default target output to , select 96 ppi.
    • Close document, and create a new one to embed picture test if it helps.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 6, 2012 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The problem might occur if the picture output, to paste picture effective, you maychange output to "96 ppi" to compress picture size, follow these steps:

• Create a new document.
    • Click File -> Options -> Advanced -> drop down Image Size and Quality, select All New Documents -> drop down Set default target output to , select 96 ppi.
    • Close document, and create a new one to embed picture test if it helps.

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 6, 2012 3:07 AM
  • Friday, April 6, 2012 10:55 AM