locked
owa 2003 calendar problem RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have been publishing OWA for the last few months without any problems. However we have just discovered that if you try and add an event in the calendar that occurs in 2010 it fails. Works fine for all 2009 dates Error is the restricted URL message (45).
    From the log when i try i get this error

    exchange/myname/Calendar/?Cmd=new&mm=1&dd=13&yy=2010&hr=11&min=30&dur=30&allday=false.

    Any idea why this is a restricted URL and when it is 2009?

    Andy
    Friday, July 24, 2009 8:33 AM

Answers

  • Andy,

    This sounds like a IAG ruleset violation issue, which is probably blocking a parameter withing the HTTP request sent by the browser when you attempt to schedule that specific event.

    To troubleshoot and fix, open the IAG Web Monitor and check the Security view. You should find there the entry that shows this request being blocked by IAG. Check the details of that monitor entry. It should specify which IAG rule (by name) is the one that blocked the request, as well as why (i.e. "parameter "yy" failed due to value" or something along those lines).

    Then open the IAG Configuration console -> Advanced Trunk Configuration -> URL Set tab, locate the relevant rule, select it and make the necessary modification in order to allow your valid HTP request (note that if you need to add/modify a parameter, you first need to find and select the rule in the upper list on that tab, and then add or modify the parameter in the lower list).

    HTH,
    -Ran
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, July 24, 2009 4:32 PM
    Friday, July 24, 2009 11:34 AM
  • Thanks Ran

    You were correct. I expect many others will get the same problem real soon. I looks like the last Parameter YY in Rule 5 of the out of the box rules for OWA 2003 sp1 says   '200[0-9]' so all will be fine until you hit 2010 or above. I changed the rule to read 20[0-1][0-9]   All is working fine now.

    Andy

    • Edited by Andywallace1 Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:29 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by Andywallace1 Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:33 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:28 PM

All replies

  • Andy,

    This sounds like a IAG ruleset violation issue, which is probably blocking a parameter withing the HTTP request sent by the browser when you attempt to schedule that specific event.

    To troubleshoot and fix, open the IAG Web Monitor and check the Security view. You should find there the entry that shows this request being blocked by IAG. Check the details of that monitor entry. It should specify which IAG rule (by name) is the one that blocked the request, as well as why (i.e. "parameter "yy" failed due to value" or something along those lines).

    Then open the IAG Configuration console -> Advanced Trunk Configuration -> URL Set tab, locate the relevant rule, select it and make the necessary modification in order to allow your valid HTP request (note that if you need to add/modify a parameter, you first need to find and select the rule in the upper list on that tab, and then add or modify the parameter in the lower list).

    HTH,
    -Ran
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, July 24, 2009 4:32 PM
    Friday, July 24, 2009 11:34 AM
  • Thanks Ran

    You were correct. I expect many others will get the same problem real soon. I looks like the last Parameter YY in Rule 5 of the out of the box rules for OWA 2003 sp1 says   '200[0-9]' so all will be fine until you hit 2010 or above. I changed the rule to read 20[0-1][0-9]   All is working fine now.

    Andy

    • Edited by Andywallace1 Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:29 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by Andywallace1 Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:33 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 8:28 PM
  • Andy,

    Thank you very much for your feedback on this ruleset issue. We are going to get this fixed.

    Regards,
    -Ran
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 2:36 PM