Error Present Powerpoint file - Some presenting features are unavailable due to server connectivity issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

SfB 2015 Front End Server version -> 6.0.9319.235

SfB 2015 Edge Server version -> 6.0.9319.235

Can someone provide some tips on fixing this issue?

Thursday, March 9, 2017 7:44 AM

Answers

• Issue resolved

I installed windows update on OWA server and restarted the SfB FE server.

• Marked as answer by t_tshun Monday, March 13, 2017 12:55 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 12:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Tony,

Welcome to post in our forum.

I will confirm the following questions with you:
    1.Did you configure Office Web App server in your environment?
    2.Did the issue only happen to you or all users had this issue?

If there is no OWA server in your environment, you need to deploy it for PPT sharing. WAC Server and SFB Server communicate by using the HTTPS protocol, please check port 443 TCP for HTTPS traffic is opened in Windows Firewall on Office Web App and physical firewall.
    If you have deployed the WAC server, please make sure it has the latest update.

Furthermore, please check if you have installed .Netframework feature on your OWA server, please refer to
    http://terenceluk.blogspot.sg/2015/02/presenting-powerpoint-presentation-from.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 10, 2017 2:08 AM
  • Hi Alice,

The .NET Framework 3.5 feature already installed.

1.Did you configure Office Web App server in your environment? Yes Office Web App 2013 version 15.0.457.1502
    2.Did the issue only happen to you or all users had this issue? All users on the same registrar pool

I found this error on Event Viewer of OWA server.

Event ID 8115  Could not contact WOPI End Point. Error details - 'Unauthorized url - 

Friday, March 10, 2017 5:18 AM
  • When publishing OWA did you given the same urls configured in topology?did you checked the SFB FE servers event logs for any event related to office communication. Mostly it will give errors on event viewer.Did you updated the OWA servers with latest updates with recommended settings?once you update again you need to run publish wizard.Do you have necessary DNS entries for the OWA urls in internal as well external?

Best option is SFB events from SFB FE servers

Jayakumar K

Friday, March 10, 2017 6:11 AM
  • I cleared the log in SFB FE server, present pptx but there was on error log in SFB FE event viewer.

URL on topology that is being published is the same with the one on OWA server.

I can view the xml by accessing this URL -> https://FQDN.domainname/hosting/discovery

Friday, March 10, 2017 6:56 AM
  • I use TMG and rule is added as well.
    Friday, March 10, 2017 6:56 AM
  • i was analysing the OWA server log and found out that the hostname was blank. Was it the root cause?

03/10/2017 15:09:21.16 w3wp.exe (0x21F0)                       0x2E50 Office Web Apps               WAC Hosting Interaction       ajdv9 Medium   HttpRequestAsync (WOPICheckFile,WACSERVER) SetCompletion Track start | setting trackers | WebRequest.Create() | Create() returned | _req.ContentLength 0 | setting request headers | setting user agent | setting keep alive | setting timeout callback | Start calling StartResponseProcessing | StartResponseProcessing._req.BeginGetResponse() | BeginGetResponse() returned | StartResponseProcessing RETURNS | Start RETURNS | End.AsyncWaitHandle.WaitOne() | GetResponseCallback isSync:False | _req.EndGetResponse() | GetResponseCallback WebException | RecordWebException | RecordResponse Unauthorized | SetCompletion False | e87f1c6a-af47-451b-a9a9-b04f0e86dc29
    03/10/2017 15:09:21.16 w3wp.exe (0x21F0)                       0x4058 Office Web Apps               WAC Hosting Interaction       ag7m6 Medium   WOPI Http Request Completed [host machine name:, version:, host correlation:] e87f1c6a-af47-451b-a9a9-b04f0e86dc29
    03/10/2017 15:09:21.16 w3wp.exe (0x21F0)                       0x4058 Office Web Apps               WAC Hosting Interaction       adhr1 Medium   WOPICheckFile,WACSERVER Unauthorized [url:

Friday, March 10, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Not clear the host name blank,where the host name is used?it would be your published url name

You need to run below steps if you are using multiple machines for office web app Farm.

New-OfficeWebAppsMachine -MachineToJoin "server1.contoso.com"

Follow the steps on this article based on scenario

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-IN/library/jj219455.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

In TMG the authentication setting you configured is not to authenticate right?simply bypass

Jayakumar K

• Edited by Jayakumar K Friday, March 10, 2017 9:16 AM Urls
    Friday, March 10, 2017 9:14 AM
  • i placed myself into a working registrar pool and found out that the hostname should be your SfB FE server.

i ran get-officewebappfarm and both internal and external URL are the same.

under TMG - Authentication Delegation, it is selected as "No delegation, but client may authenticate directly"

Friday, March 10, 2017 9:36 AM
  • Issue resolved

I installed windows update on OWA server and restarted the SfB FE server.

• Marked as answer by t_tshun Monday, March 13, 2017 12:55 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 12:55 AM
  • Hi Tony,

That's great and thanks for your sharing.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:31 AM
  • Hi,

In my organization when we have two different office locations and when we try to present a power point file from one location to other office we come through this error. 

In one office within the network everything is working fine but in other office within the network power point sharing does not work.

The issue also arises when we try to share a power point file from one office with other office.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:58 AM