none
Timesheet Mangers have been reset to each user RRS feed

• Question

• My project managers have come to me today and advised that for each user (over 500 of them), that the Timesheet Manger has be set to that actual user (eg. John Smith's has been set to himself instead of Joe Bloggs).

Does anybody know what may have caused this and if we can revert to the correct Timesheet Managers?

Friday, August 14, 2015 6:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I've never seen or heard about such an issue. You might have a look to the queue displaying successful job to see if you can find any operations on resources. I would also say that it could be due to a wrong operation by an administrator. As far as I know, there is no way to revert the correct information back. 

The easiest way would be  to bulk edit the resources from the resource center, setting the correct timesheet manager for a set of resources from the same team.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, August 14, 2015 7:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I've never seen or heard about such an issue. You might have a look to the queue displaying successful job to see if you can find any operations on resources. I would also say that it could be due to a wrong operation by an administrator. As far as I know, there is no way to revert the correct information back. 

The easiest way would be  to bulk edit the resources from the resource center, setting the correct timesheet manager for a set of resources from the same team.

Hope this helps,

Friday, August 14, 2015 7:31 AM
  • Hi Guillaume, I suspected I would have to go a bulk edit. Thanks for the feedback
    Friday, August 14, 2015 7:38 AM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Just one quick further question - if we wanted to restore this data from a backup, we restore the "Project Service" DB?  (not the content database)

Thanks

Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:49 PM
  • Yes but be sure not to restore the entire DB since it'll restore all data including projects. If you configured the daily schedules backup, you might be able to restore only resources:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj590896.aspx

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207306.aspx

Hope this helps,

Monday, August 17, 2015 5:57 AM
  • Thanks so much - didn't even know that was there.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear a backup was done previously but at least I know for future reference.

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:22 AM