Window will not allow other windows in front of it. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new windows 7 computer that on an irregular basis will not allow new windows or applications to display in front of a currently running application.  The application that forces all the other windows behind it  is not always the same but is frequently CS Accounting.  When this happens no other window or application can be viewed on the desktop until the offending application is minimized or closed.  Sometimes closing the offending application and reopening it will fix the problem other times a restart is required.  I have tried editing the registry to change the foregroundlocktimeout which has been mentioned on other posts.  Another solution was to change the folder settings to force new folder windows to open in their own process.  I am at a loss and considering reinstalling Windows though the end user does not want that to be an option.
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am wondering if this issue just occurred to specific application.

Generally, this issue would be related to the application itself, some applications would take the focus in windows, if so, you can contact the software vendor to seek for more information about how to prevent it from stealing the focus.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:21 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am wondering if this issue just occurred to specific application.

Generally, this issue would be related to the application itself, some applications would take the focus in windows, if so, you can contact the software vendor to seek for more information about how to prevent it from stealing the focus.

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, September 18, 2013 2:21 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Alex Zhao

Monday, September 16, 2013 2:32 PM