Taskbar blur RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to make all the 'glass' parts in the Aero theme be 100% transparent, without the blur effect.

This was relatively easy to do on regular windows (titlebars/borders), but I can't seem to do this on the taskbar.
    It seems that the blur that DWM.exe creates on the windows is somehow different from the one that it creates on the taskbar.

If anyone might know how to disable the taskbar blur, I'd be really thankful if you'd let me know.
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like suggest you refer to some similar cases from the link below:

http://mswastik.blogspot.com/2011/12/remove-blur-from-windows-7-taskbar.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/83785-removing-blur-taskbar.html

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:10 AM
  • The first link you provided does not work anymore, (I'm pretty sure it worked on older builds)
    And the second link is to a thread where a person accidentally called the aero 'light streaks' blur. I've already got rid of the streaks, so this is no help for me.
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:15 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry for not too much help in the case. As far as I know there is not any build-in tools or settings can fix it up. You need try to find some third party's softwares to solve your problem. Microsoft would not provide any support for the third party's software. You should do it by yourself.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards. 

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 28, 2012 3:03 AM
  • Well, I can understand that there is no built-in support for this type of stuff, but does someone atleast know HOW the blur on the taskbar differs from the other dwm.exe generated blurs..?
    If someone told me that, I'm pretty sure that I could figure out a way to disable it.

Friday, December 28, 2012 10:21 PM
  • You could probably do this through the registry editing the BlurBalance in the Theme. It is advisable to backup your registry first.

Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Vote me as helpful if i was helpful. It's benefical to others.

Monday, December 31, 2012 9:51 PM
  • I do believe that the registry key "ColorizationBlurBalance" (if that's what you're talking about) won't let me make the taskbar clear, since by changing it's value, I can only seem to either add a color to the blur, or make the blur colorless, but not actually remove the blur altogether.
    Tuesday, January 1, 2013 1:11 AM
  • Yes that is true, there is another way you could do this, but this would involve using third party themes.

There are also some popular programs on the internet which could help you with this.

Professional In Computing - Please Contact for Help. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Vote me as helpful if i was helpful. It's benefical to others.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013 1:41 PM
  • As far as I know, the only program that would let me have a fully transparent taskbar would be WindowBlinds (a theme program for Windows 7), but to my knowledge, it does not actually change the taskbar itself, but rather create a a custom taskbar altogether. Also, to see the effect, I would be required to run the program at all times, which is not really what I want.

If you know of any other programs that would let me remove the blur from my taskbar, so that I wouldn't have to have it run always in the background, do tell me.

Also, which third party themes were you talking about? I haven't seen a single on to date that would remove the blur from the taskbar.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:03 AM
  • Try this maybe this may help http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-make-windows-7-window-frame-border-fully-transparent-hideblur/

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:54 PM
  • Nope. Only effects the windows, not the taskbar.
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:08 AM
  • try this: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170245-i-figured-out-how-to-remove-the-blur-from-the-taskbar/

Sunday, April 13, 2014 12:06 AM