none
Project Server Workflow Tasks List permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

When you have Project Server 2013 workflows, approvals related to these are stored in the system generated list "Project Server Workflow Tasks". Unfortunately, the permissions for this list as it is set OOTB has the following issues

1. ANYONE with Project Manager or Team Member permissions can edit, complete or delete ANY workflow task
    2. The Task is not restricted to be completed just to the "Assigned To" person. Again, ANYONE can do this.

IMO, this is quite a glaring security hole. I have read some articles (eg. http://www.epmpartners.com.au/blog/permission-for-workflow-task-list/) that suggests creating a SP 2010 workflow on Item Create to set item level permissions. So my question - Is this the recommended way to solve this security hole? I am expecting several thousand tasks in that list which will grow over time. If I set item level permissions, will the negative performance impact be an issue?

Can Microsoft not provide a Task list that works as most people would expect for a Task completion process to work????

Thanks in advance,

Jake. 

• Edited by jacobUT Friday, October 27, 2017 1:56 PM
    Friday, October 27, 2017 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have just worked with the same and solved it as suggested. I created a Workflow (2013) for Workflow task list on create and edit, breaking permissions on item level and add contribute permission for "assigned to" and administrator groups. So far, it works quite good. (However, not yet in production)

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, October 30, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Thank you Barbara. 
    Monday, November 6, 2017 7:38 PM