Can't Change Selections in Products and Clasifications RRS feed

• Question

• I need to change the Products that we want to support updates for on our WSUS server. I have unchecked some of the old Products (Windows XP, Office 2007) and selected some new Products (Office 2013), click OK and it appears to save those settings.  If I go back and check right away, those selections have been saved.  However, if go back to recheck sometime later, all of the Products that were originally selected are selected again and the news ones I selected are now deselected, another words, it went back to the old settings.

What could be causing this to happen?  Tried under various user accounts, all with Domain Admin Level Privileges and it's the same thing.  We are running Windows Server 2012 R2 with WSUS 6.3.9600.16384. Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 is also on this server, but I am not using it, only using the WSUS MMC for WSUS management.  The database is running on a separate SQL 2008 Server.

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 5:29 PM

Answers

• I think I've fixed my own problem, I had to go into the System Center Configuration Manager and change the Products listed there and it Syncs with WSUS.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:54 PM

All replies

• I think I've fixed my own problem, I had to go into the System Center Configuration Manager and change the Products listed there and it Syncs with WSUS.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:54 PM
  • Hi,

If we use the SCCM with WSUS, we shouldn't use the WSUS console to manage the WSUS server.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:16 AM