Deleting items from inbox RRS feed

• Question

• When I delete items all that happens is it puts a line through the item but does not move it. There is no deleted items folder for them to move to. I have tried moving through account settings to where there should be two check boxes that I can uncheck and they do not appear to be there! Please help!

The outlook version I am using is from Office 2007

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 2:14 PM

All replies

• With Outlook 2007 and IMAP, you can manually purge deleted items (Edit --> Purge) or set them to purge automatically. More info can be found here:

https://practicalhost.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201609803-How-to-disable-strike-through-deleted-email-in-Outlook

Seth

A user just like you

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 5:13 PM
  • Hi ,

>> When I delete items all that happens is it puts a line through the item but does not move it. There is no deleted items folder for them to move to.
    If you configure your mailbox as an IMAP account, as I know, IMAP in Outlook 2007 doesn't support the concept of a Deleted Items folder.

According to my research, for Outlook 2010-Outlook 365, "Mark items for deletion, but do not move them automatically" allows users still see strikethrough messages even if you have chosen to deleted messages. The problem you encountered may be related to this option. It is suggested for you to uncheck the "Mark items for deletion..." box and see if there is any difference. 

In addition, did you set your view settings as “IMAP messages to show them all” via View > Current View? If so, you could change it to “Hide Messages Marked for Deletion” to hide the deleted items.

>> I have tried moving through account settings to where there should be two check boxes that I can uncheck and they do not appear to be there! Please help!

Since support and updates for Office 2007 is no longer available, I can't reproduce and test your problem. For better user experience, please update to newer versions such as Outlook 2019 and Outlook 365.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 5, 2020 8:39 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 6, 2020 8:41 AM
  • Sorted was my amswer

Tantalus

Thursday, April 2, 2020 8:55 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your reply. Glad to see that you have found the answer suits you.

By the way, would you mind marking your own reply as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread?

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Friday, April 3, 2020 7:37 AM