User Cannot Print PDF But Others Can RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Running SBS 2008 and Win XP pro. I have a user who can orint from everything else but pdf files when he is logged in with his profile but when someone else logs onto his machine they can print pdf just fine. And everyone else can print pdf on their computers. Any ideas as to what this might be and how to fix it?

Thanx,

Friday, February 18, 2011 4:30 PM

All replies

• Probaby this is due to some printer configuration or a setting in the aplication to open the pdf's with (adobe reader?)

In both of these cases cleaning the profile will resolve the issues.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
    Monday, February 21, 2011 10:29 AM
  • Thanx for the response. This is a brand new profile I just recreated in SBS 2008. I doubt it is corrupt again, although as you said it may be some printer setting in the application used on his computer that may apply to him. He could print just fine until recently, I will follow up and see what the issue is (if he lets me since he said he was busy last time I tried helping him).
    Monday, February 21, 2011 1:15 PM
  • You say another user can print the same file on the same printer on the same" computer? If so, this cannot be something else than a profile issue. be sure to clear the roaming profile too if you use roaming profiles.

Also triple check whether the users use the sam printer, printerqueue and thus printerdriver. The symptom might be related to the usage of some printing options together with a PCL driver. 

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:22 PM