none
MIM 2016 with SMTP gateway instead of Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• If I want to use a smtp gateway instead of a Exchange web services, how shoud I configure the Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Service.exe.config file?

I got a these from my MailAdmin:

gateway smart host address: server.domain.com

port tcp/25

no authentication

These are Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Service.exe.config configurations.

<p><add key="mailServer" value="server.domain.com" />
    <add key="isExchange" value="0" /></p><p>Should I configure SMTP E-mail in IIS too to get this working?</p><p>Now when MIM tries to send email, it just says</p><pre class="prettyprint">System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 11:53 AM

Answers

• If I want to use a smtp gateway instead of a Exchange web services, how shoud I configure the Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Service.exe.config file?

port tcp/25

no authentication

<add key="isExchange" value="0" /></p><p>Should I configure SMTP E-mail in IIS too to get this working?</p><p>Now when MIM tries to send email, it just says</p><pre class="prettyprint">System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay.

This is the correct setting, based on the error the SMTP server is not allowing you to send the mail :  The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay , Example setting if this is a exchange server : http://exchangeonline.in/smtp-server-error-5-7-1-unable-relay/

• Marked as answer by 2xTsei Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:49 AM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:33 PM

All replies

port tcp/25

no authentication

This is the correct setting, based on the error the SMTP server is not allowing you to send the mail :  The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay , Example setting if this is a exchange server : http://exchangeonline.in/smtp-server-error-5-7-1-unable-relay/

• Marked as answer by 2xTsei Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:49 AM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:33 PM

port tcp/25

no authentication

Yep, that is correct. SMTP server was not allowed to send email. MailAdmin configured something and now everything is working.
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:49 AM