none
Link from SSRS Report to a Project Gantt, Focusing on a Task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using Server 2010 SP 2 (and considering moving to 2013).

We have an SSRS grid report in which each row relates to a task in a project on the server.

We would like to add to each row in the report a link that will open the project and focus on the relevant task. The project can be opened either in Professional, Project Center or Project Site (any will satisfy, as long as the user sees the task in a Gantt context).

Is this possible in 2010? Is this possible in 2013?

Thanks,

Barak

Sunday, May 18, 2014 8:26 AM

Answers

• Guys,

Thanks for the creative ideas. I hoped that a simple URL will do the work for me. Thanks to you I know my alternatives and limitations.

Thanks,

Barak

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 5:37 AM

All replies

• I don't see any issue, other than updating the report itself, since we have only 1 DB now

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Monday, May 19, 2014 2:29 AM
  • Hi, 

you can easily create a hyper link to project site of that particular project, but unfortunately you are limited to redirect to that project's particular schedule PDP only not to your desire view.

so once the user will click on link, he/she will be redirected to project site's view which they have opened last time as PS always opens the last view in-use by the user. so there is chance that instead of task related view, they may see resource/assignment etc etc view.

If above is OK with you then great, simply create a ssrs column to redirect to something similar like this: http://<server-name>/<PWA-Instance>project detail pages/schedule.aspx?projuid=<projduid>

in case above is not satisfactory, then you may need to create another ssrs report to be accessed from that parent report to show you your required results. but then it wont be a gantt view, instead you can show another tabular/graphics report to show required data.

so basically its a trade-off between options :)

hope this helps.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Monday, May 19, 2014 12:02 PM
  • Actually, i would suggest to make another report with a gantt chart. It's possible using range bars; Tricky but possible.
    Monday, May 19, 2014 2:59 PM
  • Guys,

Thanks for the creative ideas. I hoped that a simple URL will do the work for me. Thanks to you I know my alternatives and limitations.

Thanks,

Barak

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 5:37 AM