Urgent Help !!! - Scroll Bar Gone Internet Explorer in Windows 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I need Force Internet Explorer 8 to display vertical scroll bars, Ive set several gpos to remove menus,etc as its used bespoke IE internal apps.  Now the Scroll bars are missing, is there a Registory settings for users I can force scroll bars to disappeared , I tried using ie7 standard mode, ...which does seem to do anything...I am really stick

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:58 AM

Answers

• What IE version is installed.....8...

different Ie versions 'correct' markup errors differently...

sounds like you are seeing hta documents in IE7 emulation view....

Tools>Compatibility View Settings

you should have,

1. check "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" (run windows update after checking this... the lists are updated on IE8 with WU)

2. uncheck "Display all sites in Compatibility View"

3. commonly some companies have "Display intranet sites in compatibility view"... consult your system administrators for your companies current policies.

anyway... if this is happening on hta dialogs... all hta documents are sizeable.... you can drag the frame to size the content...

If this is happening on hta utilities you have written... see the updated MSDN documentation here for the correct attributes for the hta:application tag.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536496(v=vs.85).aspx

Generally... IE8 and higher on server versions of windows runs in Enhanced Protected Mode... you should not alter its security settings nor use it for casual web surfing nor install any third-party addons...

Rob^_^

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:07 AM

All replies

• userStylesheet

otherwise web page appearance is controlled by css.

scroll bars only appear If the content of the webpage 'overflows' the screen dimensions. Please provide a screen shot.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:22 AM
  • I understand the concept of the overflow , but this has only happened since the introduction of 2008 Server, 2003 seems to be fine, so what I need to do is either to find out what gpo stop scroll bars from functioning or setup a registry key forces the scroll bars to come up
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:31 PM
  •  so what I need to do is either to find out what gpo stop scroll bars from functioning or setup a registry key forces the scroll bars

Hi,

I would like suggest you redirect the issue to the GPO section of Windows Server support forum for further help.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/threads

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:45 AM
  • What IE version is installed.....8...

different Ie versions 'correct' markup errors differently...

sounds like you are seeing hta documents in IE7 emulation view....

Tools>Compatibility View Settings

you should have,

1. check "Include updated website lists from Microsoft" (run windows update after checking this... the lists are updated on IE8 with WU)

2. uncheck "Display all sites in Compatibility View"

3. commonly some companies have "Display intranet sites in compatibility view"... consult your system administrators for your companies current policies.

anyway... if this is happening on hta dialogs... all hta documents are sizeable.... you can drag the frame to size the content...

If this is happening on hta utilities you have written... see the updated MSDN documentation here for the correct attributes for the hta:application tag.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536496(v=vs.85).aspx

Generally... IE8 and higher on server versions of windows runs in Enhanced Protected Mode... you should not alter its security settings nor use it for casual web surfing nor install any third-party addons...

Rob^_^

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 5:07 AM