A newer version of this document is available on the server. Do you want to work on the most recent version RRS feed

• Question

• We are using MOSS 2007 and I have a user who is trying to check out an Excel document.  If she clicks the link and opens it as Read only, and then clicks the button to check out the document, she gets the above error.  No matter if she clicks yes or no, it just keeps cycling back asking the same above question and does not allow her to check out and edit the document.  If she clicks to check out and edit the document right away, it works fine and she is able to make changes.  What is happening that is causing that error?

Thank you,

Denise

Denise E.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:35 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Denise,

I’m sorry that I cannot reproduce your issue, could I confirm with you that only one user meets this scenario, others are working as normal? Does this only occur when she open Excel document, how about the word document?

If versioning is turn on, please turn off, and force the document to check out before editing, to see the result, if it still occurs, please check the ULS log for more information, The ULS log is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\LOGS.

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:37 PM