none
Project Trial 64 switch to 32 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running windows 8. I installed the Trail version of Project 2013 64 bit since my computer is 64 bit. I used it for a while. But then discovered Office is 32 bit. So it was causing problems. I fixed this problems uninstalled office. Reinstalled office. Downloaded the 32 bit version of Project and now I need to activate Project however it will not let me prompting me that previous trial versions have been detected? I used the 64 bit version for 2 days. I will have limited access in Project in 3 days if I do not activate the 32 bit trail version. How do I resolve this to get the full trial period?
    Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:23 AM

All replies

• Hi ChesterRb,

It is strange because when you try to install a 64 bit version of Project in a desktop with 32 bit Office it denies installation informing that you should install a 32 bit Project version.

Look at this forum case for instance:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/dbbf91cf-f592-4216-b359-babbd91f4ec3/project-2013-trial-incorrectly-chose-64-bit-now-32-bit-is-locked-out

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:50 PM
  • I followed the procedure and steps at the link to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office as well as Project.

I am not having trouble downloading or installing the Project 2013. I am having problems activating the TRIAL version of Project 2013. Thank you.

The text of the error message:

Microsoft Project Professional 2013 Trial configuration did not complete successfully.

Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to previous Office 2013 trials being installed. (System error: -1073422306)

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 5:51 PM