Vista SP1 installation stuck at "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD..." RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing the exact problem as mentioned here.

But Eric asks him whether the install image was downloaded, which is TRUE in my case. I am able to restore my system to factory defaults using the recovery discs. But the downloaded "Vista slipstreamed with SP1 image" gets stuck.

Could the downloaded image be the problem? I am sure that the image is an untampered Vista SP1 image as released by MSFT.
    Sunday, June 8, 2008 3:44 AM

Answers

•  I was able to resolve the issue.

You MUST load your storage drivers using the "Load driver" button when Vista setup asks which partition to get installed on.

In my case, it was a SATA storage controller ("Intel® 82801HBM I/O Controller Hub (ICH8M) - AHCI only") for which the drivers were provided by Intel. You need to look into the drivers CD/DVD provided by your manufacturer, check for SATA drivers and exactly follow the instructions in the 'Readme.txt' file within that folder. Hope this resolves the issue.

Monday, June 9, 2008 9:10 AM

All replies

• I am also having the exact same problem. I downloaded from Technet Plus  the Vista 64-bit version and burned the ISO file from ImgBurn which I use for all Technet downloads and get this same error. When I contacted Technet using the Concierge they have no clue.   Is there any other resources I can use to solve this problem?

thanks in advance. 

Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:30 PM
  •  I was able to resolve the issue.

You MUST load your storage drivers using the "Load driver" button when Vista setup asks which partition to get installed on.

In my case, it was a SATA storage controller ("Intel® 82801HBM I/O Controller Hub (ICH8M) - AHCI only") for which the drivers were provided by Intel. You need to look into the drivers CD/DVD provided by your manufacturer, check for SATA drivers and exactly follow the instructions in the 'Readme.txt' file within that folder. Hope this resolves the issue.

Monday, June 9, 2008 9:10 AM
  • Please Help ---

Has anyone had success in downloading Vista 64 bit version from technet and burn the iso file to ImgBurn or some other program?   I have wasted 4 DVDS all of which the installation stops at "press any key to boot from CD or DVD.  I can

however boot linux (ubuntu) and any other software from this same DVD burner.

Thanks in advance 

Thursday, July 3, 2008 10:20 PM
  •  

Get yourself a copy of CDBurnerXP which is free.

Burn your images to DVD at the slowest setting to get a clean burn.

Works for us every time.

Friday, August 29, 2008 4:21 AM