none
Network connected but no internet connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

Surely this isn't a new issue however it is an annoying one. Sometimes restarting the machine or resetting the network adapter fixes the issue. Sometimes a simple cmd like netsh int ip reset helps too but its not always consistent, more like a hit or miss

Do you guys have a way to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks for your time

• Edited by Tommy0824 Thursday, August 30, 2018 11:11 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, I found an article may help you, please refer to the link:

10 Step by Step Fix to WiFi Connected But No Internet Access

https://techwiser.com/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Tommy0824 Sunday, September 23, 2018 9:29 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2018 7:53 AM

All replies

• Open control-panel/networking/change adapter/uninstall or disable all but current adapter.Install current adapter updates from its mfg,plus edit Win Firewall & Win Internet options,set all to default..
    Friday, August 31, 2018 1:39 AM
  • ok so basically,

1. disable all other adapters except the current NW adapter
    2. update the current adapter's driver
    3. set win fw and internet options to default

got it, i will try these methods if i get that issue again. seems to be a random thing with windows

Friday, August 31, 2018 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I found an article may help you, please refer to the link:

10 Step by Step Fix to WiFi Connected But No Internet Access

https://techwiser.com/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Tommy0824 Sunday, September 23, 2018 9:29 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2018 7:53 AM
  • Thanks Tao, i actually was able to find that link myself as well. Thought i'd ask here for other's experience in dealing with the matter. Cheers
    • Edited by Tommy0824 Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:11 PM
    Sunday, September 2, 2018 9:08 PM
  • You are welcome:)

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 8:19 AM
  • As with any networking issues, there are 2 places to look at first: the networking equipment (router) and the device having the wifi issue (computer, smartphone, tablet etc.). As a first step, restart your networking equipment and device and see if that fixes the problem. As with the router, network and software problems often get fixed automatically with a simple restart. If it doesn't help you, check with the following:

Check Modem Lights
    Flush your DNS
    Change your DNS server address
    IP address conflict
    Outdated network driver
    Check your ISP's status

Thursday, October 10, 2019 4:03 AM