Trying to upgrade to latest Service Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Took over client who ahs SBS 2011 SP1 installed.  Trying to migrate to Windows 2019 but want to update SBS to latest releases before migration.  Windows update does not show any sbs sp1 upgrades or rolups  If I search for them it always says goto windows update.  Where can I get the latest updates and what is the best way to update this server
    Tuesday, May 12, 2020 2:27 PM

All replies

• HI
    we can try to download it from update catalog
    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=small%202011

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:49 AM
  • So would I just run Update Rollup 4 for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard (KB2885319)  and it would give me the latest?
    Wednesday, May 13, 2020 1:10 PM
  • HI

So would I just run Update Rollup 4 for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard (KB2885319)  and it would give me the latest?
    the answer is no.
    since sbs2011 is end of support on  January 14, 2020,so we can not get the latest update .
    Update Rollup 4 for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard is available
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2885319/update-rollup-4-for-windows-small-business-server-2011-standard-is-ava

Mainstream Support: The period (usually five years) when Microsoft provides free updates, patches and fixes, including security and feature updates, to improve existing products.
    Extended Support: The period (again usually five years) following mainstream support during which Microsoft continues to provide free security fixes. During the extended support phase users must pay for and license other types of updates to the product.
    End of Support: The end of the pavement; users are on their own beyond this point, and can expect no more paid or free fixes or patches, either security or non-security.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 12:09 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, May 18, 2020 9:46 AM
  • Hello Harlan,

Remember that by default there are a number of group policies that make the server look at WSUS on the SBS 2011 for updates. You may want to unlink them from within Group Policy management and run a 'gpupdate /force' to apply this. After that you can run Windows Update from the Control Panel and it will go to the Internet for updates. You may also want to check 'Check also for other Microsoft products'.

Depending on what you need to migrate you may also need to install the latest CU for Exchange Server 2010.

For the rest, the migration kit (you already use that) will tell you what needs to be done.

Mariëtte Knap [alumna Microsoft SBS MVP]
    www.server-essentials.com | Linkedin | Migrations done the easy way | DNN MVP 2019

• Proposed as answer by Mariette Knap Monday, May 18, 2020 11:01 AM
    Monday, May 18, 2020 11:00 AM
  • HI
    I think we need to upgrade to new windows server system if it is possible. I hope everything goes well.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:26 AM