Calculating time remaining RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2g of ram and 1.7ghz processor a 120gb hard drive with 82gb free space. whenever i download a file and save it to a folder on my hard drive the file downloads fine but when it copies it over to the folder i saved it to it gets stuck and says calculating time remaining...   i have tried leaving it for a half hour and ended up just giving up.  I cannot save files that i download to my hard drive because of this. is there anyway to fix this? someone plz help
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:31 AM

All replies

• How large is the file and where are you saving it?
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 5:21 AM
  • its 40.1mb i have tried saving to program files and desktop. same thing happens.   i have tried different sized files... when i download a 300mb file it gets stuck at 5 seconds remaining when it tries to copy to my hard drive. when its only 10mb the download gets stuck at 99% and no copy box comes up at all.    i forgot to mention i have a HP
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:00 AM
  • when you transfer the file, there should be a link that says something along the lines of details, advanced options, etc. what is your copy/transfer rate for moving the file?
    Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:18 AM
  • Maybe u need to Install hotfix 931770 ! Microsoft has issued a fix for ALL versions of Vista that should correct the problem. However the hotfix is NOT publicly available, and you need to call PSS and ask for it. For more information click
    The copy process may stop responding when you try to copy files from a server on a network to a Windows Vista-based computer - 931770

However the Fix is also available at Hotfix .

Sunday, July 8, 2007 7:36 AM