none
DPM 2010 Backup to Disk (Then tape) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I am evaluating DPM 2010 , I am consideting using a servers local disks to backup some of my virtual servers....which is working fine

Now i would like backup these backups #(replicas) to the tape (via network) but the problem is windows doesnt show dpm drives as drive letters, so i cannot back these up to tape?  how will i achive this??

we have netbackup environment with iscalar but i dont think a robot can be controlled by two separate backup clients (i.e. in this case DPM 2010 and Netbackup)

can you please advise as i would like to back these up to tape as well for long term retention.

thanks

Monday, November 29, 2010 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi

There are some different way's of achiving this. The best supported way is to use a tape drive or tape library attached to the DPM server and use the Long-Term Protection function.

If you want to backup the replicas of the DPM servers backup to your Netbackup solution you can make a mountpoint letter to the volume id presented in the DPM server. If you are protecting a lot of information this is a very time-comsuming process.

If you have the posibility to install an agent on the DPM server you will be able to backup the replicas.

The easiest way (and best) is to attach a local tape drive or library and use long-term protection. Is this an option for you?

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Monday, November 29, 2010 8:35 PM