Outlook application is "Connected", but not sending, synching nor recieving emails. Empty folders. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

Here's my issue; when I setup my account on Outlook, my folders appeared, but no emails inside. According to Outlook, though, "All folders are up to date" and it's "Connected", but I know both statements are false. When I try to send myself something through the app, the email never sends, and doesn't appear in my web inbox or outbox. When I try to add another account and profile, I get an "unable to connect right now" error message. 

Also, when I try to follow other tutorials, either the problem isn't solved, or I get stuck eventually because navigating Outlook's settings is an actual Kafkaesque nightmare. I'm not sorry, this has been a real pain, and I haven't been getting any help so far.

Options Details: I just set up Outlook with an @live.ca email, automatic setup to not have to toy around with servers too much. I can tell you that the profile is an "Exchange ActiveSync". I can also tell you that I've already tried referbushing the .ost file in AppData, to no avail. In "Server Settings", I get "eas.outlook.com" as a server and no other relevant options, other than my username and password. 

Playing around in the Send / Recieve Tab: When I check "Show Progress", I get that the "Sending" and "Sending / Recieving" task actually get completed, without any errors, any time I boot Outlook or go in and out of "Work Offline". 

Version details: I'm runnng Office 365, Student ed, sporting the 64 bits version if that helps. 

Thanks. 

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>> When I setup my account on Outlook, my folders appeared, but no emails inside. When I try to send myself something through the app, the email never sends, and doesn't appear in my web inbox or outbox.
    Is there any error prompt when sending messages via the Outlook client? 
    If there are other computers, could you please try adding the same email account to Outlook clients on another machine and check the result?

>> When I try to add another account and profile, I get an "unable to connect right now" error message.
    Do you mean that you were trying to add another @live.ca account? Or other email accounts such as Outlook.com account? If you were adding another @live.ca account, please try adding other email accounts and see if there is any difference.
    I researched a lot about this error and found that it is mainly related to your network settings. If possible, it is suggested to switch to other network environment and see the result.

In order to conduct further researches on your issues, please try the following suggestions:

1. Try setting up the account on the built-in Mail App on Windows and check if it works.
    2. Create a new Outlook profile, enable Two-Step Verification for your account and adding the email account again using two-factor authentication to see if it can help. For information about how to check the Two-factor authentication settings, you may refer to this link.
    3. VPN software and antivirus software may cause issues like this. Please exit these software and see if it works.
    4. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:50 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 27, 2020 10:55 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 9:31 AM