How do I register my Windows 8 copy online? Or do I have to? RRS feed

• Question

• I've just registered all my Surface device, I am just wondering should I also register the copy of Windows 8 on my desktop PC? How to do that?

Most questions i'm interested in might have two or more possible answers i know or i don't know. So please read question carefully before you try to answer, and explan your question detailedly before asking for help. 很多看起来简单的问题都存在多种可能性,如果您不能详细的解释,别人就不能正确判断出您所遭遇的实际状况,因而不能给出最适合的解决办法。在您没有给出详细信息的情况下,施助者只有张贴大量有可能有关的解决办法。而您可能没有耐心阅读所有这些东西,在这种情况下您就客观地形成了对施助者的伤害——除非“施助者”并没有用心去尝试帮助您。 同样地,当您尝试解答一个看起来“好像遇到过”的问题的时候,您也需要详细地阅读和理解这个问题。如果您不了解问题的细节,您可能会给出不相关的或者无助于解决当前问题的解答。

Saturday, February 15, 2014 3:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We cannot  register Windows 8.

Regarding Windows 8,we just need to activate it on your desktop.

Because Windows 8 is the operating system.

But Surface is a hard device.We need to  register your Surface product for quicker access to technical support from Answer Desk, and to easily check the status of your warranty.

Regards,

Kelvin Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 3, 2014 9:54 AM

All replies

• You should make sure your Windows is activated, if not, you could activate them through internet.

You could check activation in Computer Propertise.

Saturday, February 15, 2014 4:19 AM
  • It is activated.

Most questions i'm interested in might have two or more possible answers i know or i don't know. So please read question carefully before you try to answer, and explan your question detailedly before asking for help. 很多看起来简单的问题都存在多种可能性,如果您不能详细的解释,别人就不能正确判断出您所遭遇的实际状况,因而不能给出最适合的解决办法。在您没有给出详细信息的情况下,施助者只有张贴大量有可能有关的解决办法。而您可能没有耐心阅读所有这些东西,在这种情况下您就客观地形成了对施助者的伤害——除非“施助者”并没有用心去尝试帮助您。 同样地,当您尝试解答一个看起来“好像遇到过”的问题的时候,您也需要详细地阅读和理解这个问题。如果您不了解问题的细节,您可能会给出不相关的或者无助于解决当前问题的解答。

Saturday, February 15, 2014 4:30 AM
  • Hi,

We cannot  register Windows 8.

Regarding Windows 8,we just need to activate it on your desktop.

Because Windows 8 is the operating system.

But Surface is a hard device.We need to  register your Surface product for quicker access to technical support from Answer Desk, and to easily check the status of your warranty.

Regards,

Kelvin Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 3, 2014 9:54 AM