none
How can I disable the "open or save" prompt when I try to open a file with IE 11 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

When I click in a link for download any file, the system asks "Do you want to open or save this file".  How do I disable this prompt.  I want to just save the file in desktop without the end user being prompted.
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It depends on what type of file you are trying to download and which IE security zone the website you are trying to download from is mapped to (File>Properties menu in IE).

You can reset your IE security zone settings from Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default".

Use the File>Properties menu in IE to confirm that the website is mapped to the IE security zone you expect. eg. Internet

If possible include the address of problem websites with your questions.

UAC and IE security zone settings for unsafe files prevents automated downloads. Web site programming questions should be posted to stackoverflow.com. This forum is for

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, March 8, 2018 8:12 PM