none
Time Scale Customizing - To Omit Chunks of Time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

After reading an existing post titled "Time scale during non working time" it's been confirmed the user cannot remove particular periods of time from the gantt chart on 2013, (a shame).

I need to do this as the project I'm to continue on had a hiatus for almost a year due to a colleague leaving the company. Therefore to print the schedule there are several pages in between start and finish dates with horizontal lines which is wasted space/paper.

My next thought was to convert to PDF and simply omit these "wasted" pages in between for a more concise document.

Is this possible within the view tab to omit these pages or do I need to print 1st page, last page then combine the 2 in PDF?

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:44 AM

All replies

• Yacob - The timescale in Gantt View is designed to show all calendar days / weeks / months / etc. From your question, you want a concise version of your entire schedule.

Option 1: In View tab, click Entire Project in Zoom group. This will fit the entire plan within your screen. Then, copy the Gantt Chart as a picture by using Copy ... Copy Picture in Task ribbon

Option 2: Install a PDF printer driver (just google). This will install PDF driver as one of the printers. In File backstage, choose Print. Select the PDF printer and select page setup. Change the scaling radio button to "Fit to 1 pages wide by 1 page tall"

Sai PMP, PMI-SP, MCTS Project, MVP Project

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 2:13 AM
  • I would firstly make sure all incomplete work is pushed into the future with the Project, Update Project feature. Then I would ignore the past, even creating a new schedule with all previous work removed. Be sure to reset teh project start date to when the project restarted.

I doubt that the project goals are exactly teh same, usually a lot changes in a year!

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:44 AM